next step for a clutch?

djberg

Reaction score
Running the 475hp rated south bend. Well that ones not enough now, must be rated at the fly wheel, she's slipping badly. So what's the next step? Manning up and spending almost $2k, or has anyone run the valiar that's rated for "600 rwhp"? That's got a pretty sexy price tag at $900, but is that actually rated to the ground like I saw a vendor stating or is that a misconception and actually to the flywheel?

I'm gonna call both south bend and valiar today and get there opinions. But any other input by guys who have run them would be greatly appreciated.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Those single discs are an absolute joke. I killed one right away towing in my 05 back in 2009.

Go to a 3250 and dont look back, it has a much more appealing pedal feel too

baderic03

Reaction score
Go right to a dual disc setup. Singles are a joke. Call dan at vallair and talk with nick he will take care of you.

djberg

Reaction score
I jus called both, $1600 for a valiar and south bend I guess just released a 750 at the tires to $12-1250 can't read member off the top of my head. At least that's a bit better on the wallet LOL.

william_ace

Reaction score
I run the southbend dual disk. I can't remember what its rated at, but I want to say 650 hp 1400 tq?

Strokin89

Reaction score
I also want to upgrade my clutch. Stock works alright for now but once I do injectors and turbo and all I want a heavy duty dual disk. I was looking into both southbend and valair but I also saw a company called phenoix friction and I've Heared of a few cummins guys running them anyone ever heard of them used on powerstrokes and how well they hold up?

2005 F250 6.0 powerstroke, 6 speed manual, egr delete, arp head studs, new oil cooler, aftermarket coolant filter, custom intake, 4" down pipe into dual 6" stacks, 8" lift, TSD super panty dropper tune.

mind if I smoke

Reaction score
Kenny's all the way. I have his dual disk and love it. Rated for 700 if you get the sentered iron. Kenny is a great guy to deal with. The pedal on mine is actually a little lighter then stock. You have to rev it up to about 1200 when leaving from a stop to keep it from jumping but its not to bad.

Strokin89

Reaction score
650HP Clutch SFDD3250-60 South Bend Street Dual Disc Clutch 6.0L Ford Powerstroke 03-07
$1,164.00

2005 F250 6.0 powerstroke, 6 speed manual, egr delete, arp head studs, new oil cooler, aftermarket coolant filter, custom intake, 4" down pipe into dual 6" stacks, 8" lift, TSD super panty dropper tune.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.