No communication with pcm. (race truck)

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
I'm not getting any communication and I've checked everything I can think of. I'm down to the fact that the instrument cluster is missing. I can't believe that is the problem. It's e99. Ive even swapped pcms. Any ideas?

ToMang07

Reaction score
I'm not getting any communication and I've checked everything I can think of. I'm down to the fact that the instrument cluster is missing. I can't believe that is the problem. It's e99. Ive even swapped pcms. Any ideas?

GEM/VSM?

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Just for giggles I tried to start it. Ignition doesn't do anything but I can jump the solenoid to turn it over. I'm gonna start checking wires from the ignition switch tomorrow. The OD light does come on when I turn the key on though.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
OK. The pcm relay under the hood has 12v for the relay power and 12v at the pcm power prong when the key is on. The other two however show .6v. One is supposed to go to the pcm and the other is supposed to be ground. They both show .6v though. I guess I am going to go through and look for a shorted wire.

bigfords

Reaction score
Try unplugging the ICP, EBP, APP, and MAP each progessively one at a time to see if you get communication to the PCM or the truck starts. Sometimes they will short the BUS (communication) circuit to ground, totally taking out the whole communication network.

Jaredkeller96

Reaction score
HMmmmm, my Wts light comes on, but I have a push button start, I'm thinking it's my trans, cause I did a idi to psd swap and the trans are a tad different with the plugs on the pass side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Why don't you just run a jumper from the ignition starter wire straight over to the exciter wire on the starter solenoid? Saves you from trying to graft in the stock park/neutral interlock or gear selection sensor if it has Superduty wiring.

Jaredkeller96

Reaction score
Not sure, my trans is messed up. It recognizes everything but D, like r, 1,2 work great, good response but in D, the ****er barely moves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online