No defrost. Only dash vents

packin45

Reaction score
Just purchased a 2011 F250 KR CCSB. All seemed well until we got some freezing drizzle today and I could not get any air to come from the defrost vents. It doesnt seem to matter what setting the vents or fan are on all air comes out of the dash vents.

I checked the fuses in the cab panel by the passenger kick panel. The Climate control is different than what was in my '05 lariat 150 but dont see what I could be doing wrong. I fear there is an issue with the blend doors in the dash.

Any help would be awesome.

Koda22

Reaction score
Well I don't know if it's different but, on my 04 I had a vacuum leak.....does your 4x4 work? Might check some of the vacuum lines to seem if maybe you got a cut line

MrMike2010

Reaction score
Sounds like a blend door actuator took a dump. With the key on engine off try switching the vent direction. The actuators in these trucks suck and tend to "get lost" and just click when they are told to switch a position. I'm not sure how difficult they are to change on a 6.7 but my 6.4 I was able to contort myself into an awkward position to change the one bad one out. If u still have a warranty left it should be covered. If not, find the one that clicks and replace. The actuators are fairly cheap. I think I picked up an actuator for like 20 bucks.

MrMike2010

Reaction score
Just remembered there's a sticky in the 6.4 tech section that goes into great detail on where each actuator is and what each one does. While I know this doesn't exactly apply to the 6.7 it will give you a great idea on what your getting in to and what the actuators look like. Hope this helps

packin45

Reaction score
Sounds like a blend door actuator took a dump. With the key on engine off try switching the vent direction. The actuators in these trucks suck and tend to "get lost" and just click when they are told to switch a position. I'm not sure how difficult they are to change on a 6.7 but my 6.4 I was able to contort myself into an awkward position to change the one bad one out. If u still have a warranty left it should be covered. If not, find the one that clicks and replace. The actuators are fairly cheap. I think I picked up an actuator for like 20 bucks.

I will try this tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone

packin45

Reaction score

They don't really click but more so make a quiet creaking like paper being crumpled.

It switches from cold to hot on both sides but just will not send the air to defrost.

Sent from my iPhone

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.