No heat at idle.

thumbo88

Reaction score
Mine is doing the same thing now it was puking coolant because of a bad degas cap I noticed it had to add a gallon and a half of coolant and it still blows cold air think I have an air pocket in the system that needs to be worked out

jkeselis

Reaction score
i'm having the same issue (kinda), heat is intermittent. but there is no heat at all until its been up to operating temp (196ish deg) for 10-15min. just did the EGR delete and the problem started so i was thinking air trapped in the system but i've bled it a few times with no change in my heat issue. of course the issue comes about just as the cold starts to set in here in new england lol :doh:

08sixfour12

Reaction score
I'm in the no heat boat too... but in Northern Alberta... it's fun... :cursing:
Only got heat at idle and none at all while driving.

08_6.4stroker

Reaction score
Yea I'm kinda at a loss with mine. When I test the coolant pressure it doesn't climb fast and it doesn't climb with boost. So I don't see headgaskets causing it. But somehow there must be air getting into the cooling system. But the degas bottle always has pressure in I take the cap off.

Stroked777

Reaction score
Pull a vacuum on your systems. You can use a vacuum cleaner to do so. That should pull the air out of the system. Look up a peoduct called an air lift. It's for pulling a vacuum on your cooling system and you can suck the coolant into the system using the tool and it is a good way to get all the coolant in tr system with no air pockets

Here a link for it. It's worth the money and I have used it a lot http://www.tooltopia.com/uview-5500...cse&utm_campaign=sc&scpid=7&scid=scsho6842336

BRONCROB

Reaction score
so i see there is a vacuum actuated heater control valve... does anyone know where it is located?

I'm new here but I couldn't help but start here:DThe actuator should be under the dash but the thing I've ran into on lots of Fords and Dodges are cracked vac. lines leaking under the hood.I'm not 100% on the newer trucks but on the older ones like my 01 it was an issue.Hope this helps.

Sent from my free Obamaphone using tapatalk.

thumbo88

Reaction score
Maybe trash in the heater core I'm gonna try a good flush with some good coolant not the gold that ford say use tho

imajerk123

Reaction score
there are no actuators/valves between the firewall and the heater core. The actual heater core tubes are like 18" long and run all the way through the firewall. I traced the lines and they run back to the engine
20141011_113851-1.jpg

Last edited:

08_6.4stroker

Reaction score
Gonna bump this up. Turns out my heating issue was headgaskets. Replaced those along with new heads,arp studs,oem lifters,elite stage 1 valvetrain,rockers,an intake manifold I ported and some mpd log style manifolds. Only problem I've been having is the backpressure sensor freezing but I think I fixed that tonight. All work was done with the cab on.

webb06

Reaction score
Gonna bump this up. Turns out my heating issue was headgaskets. Replaced those along with new heads,arp studs,oem lifters,elite stage 1 valvetrain,rockers,an intake manifold I ported and some mpd log style manifolds. Only problem I've been having is the backpressure sensor freezing but I think I fixed that tonight. All work was done with the cab on.

Noticing any difference with the MPD log manifolds?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.