No High Pressure Oil

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
I have an issue with a truck i am working on where it will not build any High pressure oil.

Truck is a 2001 auto 2wd F-450 CC just to fill everyone in. I have tried 3 hpop's. One was from a running truck. New ipr, and known good Ipr. Has lpo, lpo pump is brand new, and if i crank the motor with the hpop removed it will rapidly fill the valley of the motor.

I even tried hot wiring the ipr direct to 12v and still couldn't get any hpo. When I remove the hpo line from the head, it will flow oil, but will not build any pressure in the head.

This was verified using A/E and also a manual gage hooked directly to the passenger side hpo rail.

Any idea's?

pdumont01

Reaction score
If the IPR is powered up, it will build full pressure, assuming you have no leaks and a good pump. Could be injector o-rings.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

PsdPullerJr

Reaction score
Take shop air and pressurize each head thru the plugs in the oil rails. Give it a few seconds and you'll hear if you have a leak somewhere.

pdumont01

Reaction score
Anything on this? Just curious. Have you verified the HP oil reservoir is full?

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
Galley plugs. There were no prongs on the galley plugs. Only thing I can figure is the machine shop pulled them and forgot to tell me. I ordered prongs and should have them tomorrow.

I never even thought to check them as I had not touched them. I never do.

pdumont01

Reaction score
Galley plugs. There were no prongs on the galley plugs. Only thing I can figure is the machine shop pulled them and forgot to tell me. I ordered prongs and should have them tomorrow.

I never even thought to check them as I had not touched them. I never do.
Awesome, it's always a good feeling to know you found the problem, no matter what it was

Arisley

Reaction score
I'm thinking autocorrected "orings" to prongs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

You can translate autocorrect, you have owned a cellphone for too long.

Actually, good catch. Could also have had autocorrect turned off. P is right next to O, and I is right next to O, simple fat finger misspell.

79jasper

Reaction score
You can translate autocorrect, you have owned a cellphone for too long.

Actually, good catch. Could also have had autocorrect turned off. P is right next to O, and I is right next to O, simple fat finger misspell.
Yeah, probably. Lol
I think my phone used to do that until I saved orings.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online