No injection pressure 6.0

ken6881

Reaction score
I have a 6.0 that just had the head studs, egr delete and now it will not put out any high pressure oil. It will pump up the oil filter housing but it does not put any high pressure oil out. I pulled the ICP sensor and can see air in the rail but when I crank it no oil comes out.

Anyone have any ideas from where to go from here. I am about to pull the valve covers and see if I can find a High pressure leak.

thanks

Ken

ken6881

Reaction score
Yes there correct I have already pulled one rail looking for a problem. And i have cranked it many times I would say 5mins total of cranking. Is it possible where the stand pipes plug in down in the motor has came disconnected from the pump?

reilly8282

Reaction score
Maybe possible they are not seated correctly, only way to find out is pull them, then pull the lower portion with some long pliers out, reconnect them outside the motor, then put them back in the rear ports of the oil rails.

suprdzlduty

Reaction score
5 mins total of cranking?? its going to take more than that. if you have some help you can take the icp sensor out and crank it over till some oil comes out. that will help bleed some air. its still gonna take some crank time.

ken6881

Reaction score
Well I fill like a dumba$$ cranked it one more time for 30 sec with each rail opened up and bam oil everywhere. Truck fired right up hiccuped 3 times and never missed a lick after that. Thanks for all the help.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.