no limit 6.4 stud sequence?

Black AOD

Reaction score
Ford Factory Sequence per Extreme Studs Instructions. 230 ft/lbs for all studs.

timj

Reaction score
Do not torque ARP studs to their recommended 275. A number of guys cracked their blocks. I did 240 with mine.

6.4f350

Reaction score
Do not torque ARP studs to their recommended 275. A number of guys cracked their blocks. I did 240 with mine.

Put them in right and you won't have issues. My block is on the third time of them being torqued to 275 in every hole. No cracks. Heads straight as an arrow when they come off.

sootie

Reaction score
Put them in right and you won't have issues. My block is on the third time of them being torqued to 275 in every hole. No cracks. Heads straight as an arrow when they come off.

Bull chit.

Black AOD

Reaction score

If this is true I'm suprised.

Bull chit.

aha good ol sootie

You're right. Maybe that's what's wrong with my truck then... ? :)

https://youtu.be/p7Qn2IE_rD8

You're Lucky dude, most tq jobs over 250-275 have serious cracking issues

Black AOD

Reaction score

Agreed on this but the OP is asking about extreme studs which is what Mike sells not ARP.

So like I said before, sequence is the same as Ford OEM bolts, tq to 230...

6.4f350

Reaction score
If this is true I'm suprised.

aha good ol sootie

You're Lucky dude, most tq jobs over 250-275 have serious cracking issues

Don't know what to tell you. I've seen plenty of people crack all sorts of blocks by not installing studs correctly, that's not a new thing or a 6.4 thing. Never had a single issue on any that I've done and like I said my personal truck is on torque #3 with the same block and studs.

sootie

Reaction score
Don't know what to tell you. I've seen plenty of people crack all sorts of blocks by not installing studs correctly, that's not a new thing or a 6.4 thing. Never had a single issue on any that I've done and like I said my personal truck is on torque #3 with the same block and studs.

read the thread titled "cracked block" on here...

6.4f350

Reaction score
read the thread titled "cracked block" on here...

Been there done that. Obviously people have their minds made up. I'll stick with my personal experience, everyone else can keep their internet expertise. If torquing fasteners to some arbitrary number makes you sleep better at night, then by all means go for it. Makes no difference to me.

sootie

Reaction score
Been there done that. Obviously people have their minds made up. I'll stick with my personal experience, everyone else can keep their internet expertise. If torquing fasteners to some arbitrary number makes you sleep better at night, then by all means go for it, makes no difference to me.

haha my "internet experience" eh??

eat a dik...

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
haha my "internet experience" eh??

eat a dik...

Dont be throwing "eh's" around too lightly. Thems fighting words. LOL

There was a streak of blocks cracking with ARP's high torque values. Once they lowered them to a more reasonable # the cracking seems to have been drastically reduced. I know when I did mine, I lowered the torque values for the weak holes by 10%. Never had an issue.

sootie

Reaction score
Dont be throwing "eh's" around too lightly. Thems fighting words. LOL

There was a streak of blocks cracking with ARP's high torque values. Once they lowered them to a more reasonable # the cracking seems to have been drastically reduced. I know when I did mine, I lowered the torque values for the weak holes by 10%. Never had an issue.

haha right!

yep same here on the second and third go round-no issues.

timj

Reaction score
we always tq arp's to the 230, and done hundreds that way just havent messed with extreme studs, calm down kiddies LOL

Lol I thought it seemed weird since you post here quite a bit lol! And sorry for stating ARP when your asking about a different stud. My bad.

Latest posts

Members online