No Limit air filter install

mfoltz

Reaction score
I notice mine has turbo lag to. I'll start to go up a hill and it seems like it don't have much power until I push down alot on the throttle then it downshift and takes off. Maybe it's the tranny tune? As for the intake, it was a tight fit but I don't think it needs brackets to hold it. It has rubbed a little on mine but not much

CATDiezel

Reaction score
So is the verdict for the Air filter if you have spar-tan tuning it needs adjusted to compensate for the air??

TexAg56

Reaction score
Mine has no lag. My truck improved in the bottem end the most. I couldnt be any happier with performance. If you're having issues its more than likely you did something wrong. With the stage 2 there were 2 things that I knew before I even ordered.
1. It is the biggest intake which creates the most flow. It is going to be a tight fit.
2. This increased airflow will need updated tunes.

If anyone didnt want to deal with this, that is the reason there is a stage 1

CATDiezel

Reaction score
It would be wise to tell customers that before they order...

The increased size is not the problem in the tuning. This is REAL simple physics. It's the speed of the air moving across the MAF sensor that has slowed NOT increased under light demand. Larger cavity = slower moving product.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
It would be wise to tell customers that before they order...

The increased size is not the problem in the tuning. This is REAL simple physics. It's the speed of the air moving across the MAF sensor that has slowed NOT increased under light demand. Larger cavity = slower moving product.

i told you that.. dont say i didnt ! i specifically told you, like EVERYONE else, it is a tight fit, no other way around it. we have a ton out there , some more of a pain to fit nicely than others.

Monotalonawd

Reaction score
When i ordered my sp@rtan i didn't have the stage 2 so now i need them to send me new files for the 5" intake?
Because now i got no bottom end at all!!

I downloaded the 600 quick response tune from their website, so i suppose it doesn't compensate for the 5" intake?

Last edited:

Notneb

Reaction score
When i ordered my sp@rtan i didn't have the stage 2 so now i need them to send me new files for the 5" intake?

I downloaded the 600 quick response tune from their website, so i suppose it doesn't compensate for the 5" intake?

Why would it compensate for something not everyone has? Contact whomever it is who's tunes you have.

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score

The intake will only affect our lower power tuning, that has the smoke limitation in effect. Any 550, 600, or 550QR/600QR should not be affected by the intake.

We can recalibrate the lower HP tunes if needed.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
i told you that.. dont say i didnt ! i specifically told you, like EVERYONE else, it is a tight fit, no other way around it. we have a ton out there , some more of a pain to fit nicely than others.

Read some humor Mike! Yes you told me that. But your boys don't tell other people that. But let's not leave out the fact that I tried to order a stage 1..... don't leave that part out please.... I'll be honest but you gotta be honest too sweat pea!

Regardless. I'm certain I'll feel better by Friday and SHOVE THE stage 2 properly in its place. I'll do a AC condensor line deIete mod if I have too... LOL

Last edited:

CATDiezel

Reaction score
The intake will only affect our lower power tuning, that has the smoke limitation in effect. Any 550, 600, or 550QR/600QR should not be affected by the intake.

We can recalibrate the lower HP tunes if needed.

If one specified they had a stage 2 intake when they built their profile online would this be a non-issue?

Jeremy @ No Limit

Reaction score
Read some humor Mike! Yes you told me that. But your boys don't tell other people that. But let's not leave out the fact that I tried to order a stage 1..... don't leave that part out please....

Actually yes we do. I tell every single customer that tuning is required for the Stage 2 intake.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Actually yes we do. I tell every single customer that tuning is required for the Stage 2 intake.

The details are getting vague.... that wasn't the jist of the point.... I didn't realize you screened every call in. Sorry. You must use different names like Luke and Josh from time to time!:swordfight:

I will say you guys website could solve alot of these "issues" of questions if it were a bit more updated with details. There wouldn't be the need for alot of questions. I will say one of my most favorite websites for product detail to look at is dieselpowerproducts. The reason I say this is because I have sent several people to you guys in the past to purchase large orders and they all had the same thoughts as in the website navigation was rather vague.

Fwiw. Don't take this as a jab. I'd still buy from and recommend Nolimitdiesel to others. I just have to tell them to CALL and ask for a specific product.

Doesn't matter anyways. Your site is currently down!!

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
The details are getting vague.... that wasn't the jist of the point.... I didn't realize you screened every call in. Sorry. You must use different names like Luke and Josh from time to time!:swordfight:

I will say you guys website could solve alot of these "issues" of questions if it were a bit more updated with details. There wouldn't be the need for alot of questions. I will say one of my most favorite websites for product detail to look at is dieselpowerproducts. The reason I say this is because I have sent several people to you guys in the past to purchase large orders and they all had the same thoughts as in the website navigation was rather vague.

Fwiw. Don't take this as a jab. I'd still buy from and recommend Nolimitdiesel to others. I just have to tell them to CALL and ask for a specific product.

Doesn't matter anyways. Your site is currently down!!

yep site needs love for sure.

use nolimitfabrication.com

and yes dieselpowerproducts did an awesome job on their site.

maxxedout

Reaction score
Here's my two cents on 6.7 air intakes:

If you want something that's going to fit like a factory part, go with the S&B. If you want the most performance potential, go with the NL Stage 2. I've run both on the same truck with the same mods, and if I could do it all over again, I would have gone with the No Limit in the first place.

The S&B worked fine... It did its job, the installation was simple/clean, and I ran it for about 80K on my truck. Even with the Street-Max turbo, the truck ran well. What I mean by that is the filter minder never got sucked in, so the S&B wasn't starving the turbo for air. That being said, I always thought that the truck would run better with a NL intake, but it was never a priority.

Then, I thought I'd give the No Limit Stage 2 a try to see if it lived up to all the hype. The installation pissed me off... No matter which way I oriented the intake, it would find a way to rub on something. I finally got it setup "good enough" and decided to go for a drive.

My initial impression was that the off-the-line performance suffered in comparison to how the truck drove with the S&B. A quick email to Morgan for some revised tunes took care of that though. Between the intake itself and tunes designed to work with it, my truck REALLY woke up. The truck just drives better now. Period.

I guess the moral of the story is that as long as you're open minded about fitment and get the right tunes, the intake is a worthwhile upgrade. Don't get me wrong, it still bugs me how crammed in there that thing is, but the end result was worth the grief.

Last edited:

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Concerning aftermarket turbo piping kits... Morgan's. MPD's.

Isnt the piping from the inlet of the turbo to the filter 4" and then use a 4-5" reducer to go into the filter??

Notneb

Reaction score
Yes, on the Midwest SS Kit, the Turbo to Intake pipe is a 4" that expands to a 5" for the stage 2 NL Intake.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Yes, on the Midwest SS Kit, the Turbo to Intake pipe is a 4" that expands to a 5" for the stage 2 NL Intake.

no, its a 4.5" inlet on their kit so it uses the standard stage 2 . mpd and h&s use the mod version of our kit .

Latest posts

Members online