No limit CAI or AFE stg 2 upgrade

TXlineman83

Reaction score
So I have the stage 2 afe CAI currently. Now kicking myself in the rump for the purchase. The Elite stage 2 upgrade is in my eyesights and about to lay the hammer down on the purchase. Does it perform like the No limit or is it a waste. Everyone seems to swear by the No limit CAI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
The elite upgrade is a great upgrade for guys who dont want to bite the bullet on buying another cold air intake, and we've had great luck with them

The no limit is one of the best out there and I've never heard a complaint on it either

TXlineman83

Reaction score
That's all I needed to know. Sounds like I'll be making a purchase this evening when I'm not acting like I actually work.

Fordtrucks

Reaction score
I run the AFE stage 2 with the Elite upgrade and love it. Get the upgrade and youll be good to go.

3brorce

Reaction score
No reason to upgrade for 250 bucks. Sell the afe for $150-200 and your into a no limit for another $200 or so.

capt dong

Reaction score
sold my s and b cai. i liked it a lot. it got good fuel mileage gains, sounded real good, and definite performance enhancement. i also bought an extra filter, pre filter and cleaning kit so took more of a hit than i wanted. anyways pretty happy with the no limit kit. i thought it came with a pre filter though. anyways comes with a massive 5x12 filter. it flows so good you can hear the turbo spool even in single digit boost pressures. got the best fuel mileage of the year right at 17 mpgs. and of course as many say you will not have filter minder issues with bigger turbos. havent been able to really get on it cause i have an exhaust leak.

null_zpsa23cef48.jpg

null_zps5ae0f676.jpg

CT9AIX

Reaction score
Make sure to get and use the outerwears Prefilter. It's simply amazing at keeping the filter clean for much longer of a time

TXlineman83

Reaction score
I have the pre filter on my AFE currently. Does the No Limit not have a heat shield with it like the AFE.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
I say ditch the AFE and get the No Limit. I had both the AFE Stage Elite and then the No Limit Cold air and I will say the No Limit is the way to go. Its SO easy to work on your truck with this intake on because it literally comes off in less than a minute. Simple and flows the most out of any intake out there. Also on the dyno the No Limit intake made 11hp more than the AFE Stage Elite did.

TXlineman83

Reaction score
That's what I'm wanting to hear. Results. Not preference or name brand. Stand behind what you believe and tell me why. Thank you sir

TXlineman83

Reaction score
Well I'm going to look online and find a vendor for my purchase. Thanks. Next question. With the No limit intake. Do I have to route the CCV hose somewhere else.

TXlineman83

Reaction score
The CCV. That's just a bunch of heater hose re routed to the rear of the truck to vent excessive pressures and soot in the intake system right

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
The CCV. That's just a bunch of heater hose re routed to the rear of the truck to vent excessive pressures and soot in the intake system right

yes the ccv is kind of what you described. it just a hard to find bypass hose (1") and 1" coupler to route it clean, and my kit inlcudes 10ft of hose. its basically done all the guessowrk for you and for pretty much what it would cost you if you found all the stuff yourself.

as for the intake, i have aspecial with free pre filter on my site right now, just click my banner in my sig and you'll find it. $25 savings.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.