No limit intake and stock egr.

TheBigNasty

Reaction score
If you have stock egr and use a no limit intake, be sure to double check your clearance. I saw where it was rubbing the pipe early on, just been too busy and lazy to take it off with the egr plates. About to do the job this weekend, and noticed now it's been sandwiched in between the hood, rubbing on both sides. Also before the nut swingers come out, this is just an FYI to double and triple check because it's tight in there.

D04688B1-2653-4C8B-A4DE-4A1F8A06A662.jpg

5E467FB3-6FEE-4C0E-832D-38B125B55F83.jpg

TheBigNasty

Reaction score
My fix is going to be taking it off lol. I hear the line is maybe supposed to be tweaked a little towards the turbo?

Reaction score
Had the same thing happen on mine, only I caught it after I closed the hood the first time and barely rubs every once in a while. Definitely a tight fit under there with that EGR tube. I maybe have a 1/4 inch clearance or less between the coolant pipe and the hood. But great heads up to people! Ive only been running the EGR blocker plates and cant wait to do the full EGR delete under my hood. This will help clearance out a TON with this intake! You enjoying it so far?

TheBigNasty

Reaction score
I think there's some people that definitely over hype the thing, or downright lie about the characteristics. It's still on the truck though, so I can't say I don't like it or wouldn't buy it again. If I ever step up to a larger turbo, I think it will be much more beneficial.

maxxedout

Reaction score
I think there's some people that definitely over hype the thing, or downright lie about the characteristics. It's still on the truck though, so I can't say I don't like it or wouldn't buy it again. If I ever step up to a larger turbo, I think it will be much more beneficial.

I went with the S&B for mine... It does the trick and fits like a glove, but now that I have a StreetMax turbo on mine, I want something capable of flowing more air. For the money, I wish I would have just gotten the bigger intake the first time..... Sooner or later, I'll end up buying one from either No Limit or Absolute.

TheBigNasty

Reaction score
I hope s&b has stepped up their game. Bought one for my dodge 5 or 6 years ago and it was a joke. Looked like they maybe thought I was wanting one for a v6 gasser lol.

dcswetman

Reaction score
Pull it toward the drivers side and zip tie it. That's what I did. Yes I know it's a bit ghetto but it works

maxxedout

Reaction score
I hope s&b has stepped up their game. Bought one for my dodge 5 or 6 years ago and it was a joke. Looked like they maybe thought I was wanting one for a v6 gasser lol.

It does the job... for now. Even at WOT, it doesn't suck the filter-minder in, but I have no doubt that my setup would benefit from a larger intake. It's on my to-do list haha.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
in the future the kit will have a new coolant line so you can route it away. that factory copolant line is pretty easy to bend out fo the way, it just needs to go inboard. some trucks have no issue and some have more, it depends on how you angle the silicone elbow.

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
Mine did the same thing but not as bad, I adjusted a couple times and repainted to see if it rubbed again. I got it to not touch and as a safety measure, I bought water pipe insulation from Home Depot and zip tied it over that hard line connection that sits right over it. Stuff was like $5 for a 6ft piece.

Keith

trugertha

Reaction score
Just like any intake you have to play around and check your clearances. Most people using the intake are deleted. Great intake have almost 4000km on mine now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.