No limit intake fitment issue

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
the intake is aluminum , stainless would be great but its way too heavy , and would add to the cost. that being said , the aluminum has chines in it from the bender, its not welded, its a custom bent piece . if you want the easy route you can make it shine pretty easily with a bench buffer and a bit of elbow grease. if you want it the way I ship them out polished, you better get a bigger boat. its multiple stage sanding with a final wet , then a heavy buff treatment. not for the faint of heart , but very doable. a quick google search will give you a heads up on how to do it.

lobe50

Reaction score
Awesome... Thank You for the info!!

I will be ordering Monday. Is it best to go through the website? Or direct to you...Any difference?

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Morgan....Now I'm confused...lol

You're saying it is Aluminum? WHY NOT Said it was Stainless Steel???

I was wrong I just thought it was stainless for some reason. Either way some sanding and then a good polish will get it done nicely. Start off with 400-600 grit paper and work you way up to 2000 grit with wet then something like a power ball can even get a nice shine out of it but a buffer and some polishing rouge will work much better

jcain

Reaction score
Pics.......
;)

IMAG0352.jpg

Last edited:

lobe50

Reaction score
Why does the rubber bit have such a kink in it??
It just doesn't look right from that pic??

jcain

Reaction score
That's how mine is for whatever reason, right or wrong, I couldn't tell you. My pipe is right up to the coolant overflow tank as well. Unless I'm supposed to keep shoving the pipe down into the boot...?

lobe50

Reaction score
Yes now I'm very curious, I'm not liking the look of that at all. I'm glad you posted the pic because that would have driven me nuts 😉lol

jcain

Reaction score
I tried many different angles etc and that's the final outcome.maybe someone else with one will chime in

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I tried many different angles etc and that's the final outcome.maybe someone else with one will chime in

trim a bit of the turbo side of the boot off, I trim them here before they ship , but every truck is a little different. until my custom boots are here , I have been limited to the boots readily available. I haven't heard of any kinking, and that certainly wont affect performance, but it will , if too long on the 4.5" side, throw it close to the coolant bottle and cause that.

Last edited:

lobe50

Reaction score
Does sliding it up in the boot also help w the other issues that others are mentioning? Ex... Hitting hood., pinching coolant lines, etc....

Also, Bigpwr any time frame on your custom boots coming in?
Thanks

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.