No oil getting to HPO Rez

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Found this

The short gallery bypasses the rest of the system on startup to quickly deliver oil to the reservoir for cold or initial starts. This is necessary because the reservoir must supply oil to the high pressure pump, where the oil pressure is boosted and controlled before being sent to the injector oil rails. Without this short circuit oil passage, the high pressure oil pump reservoir’s oil supply would be exhausted before the gallery. If the short circuit check valve (short circuit device) malfunctions and lets the reservoir drain, a hard or no-start condition can result. If the oil filter bypass valve malfunctions and lets the oil gallery drain, the engine will start and run for about fifteen to twenty seconds before reservoir runs out of oil, then the engine will spin awhile to burp the air out of the gallery and refill the reservoir, then the engine will restart.

Last edited:

neverkickn

Reaction score
I hope you gt it figured out, but I would look into wether or not its a good idea to use rtv at the hpo reservoir gasket. It just seems like a good way to get pieces of rtv in the injectors.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
I got the SD cover with the screen. Will I be ok with no RTV? I guess the short circuit spring had crap in it. Not sure.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.