no power and roaling coal like a fraight train

Reaction score
thanks Mdub all take a look latter on at it and thinking about trying to take the turbo apart and cleening it as well thanks everyone for the help and ideas to look at all let u know how it goes

Mdub707

Reaction score
Start with the epb then go to turbo,epb is way easier to check/clean. Let us know what you find...

Reaction score
I hope my ficm isn't about to die I don't have that kind of cash I just moved to ga from ct n funds r vary small like none n need the truck to get to work I sware if it wernt for bad luck I would have no ouch at all

G Racing

Reaction score
Check the intake air temp sensor. It's located on the drivers side if the intake up front by the fuel filter housing. It's gray in color. If its coked up then either replace or try to clean. Also check the map sensor port on the passengers side head. Pull the little black hose off and make sure the brass nipple isn't plugged.

TonyG

Reaction score
Really sounds like a VGT issue? The way you described the power coming in late sounds of the unison ring sticking.... Does the smoke clear up when it starts making power before shift? Try starting the truck and at idle try unplugging the VGT ( center section of turbo 2wire plug) it should change the engine tone.... If that seems ok check the boot right at the turbo ( the one that makes a 45degree) the bottom of them is known to rip

Reaction score
ok so just and update i pulled the intercooler boot off the pipe and turbo and cleand it and checked for cracks found no visible damage started truck with it off and slowly went from idle to wot and u could hear the turbo change tone im about to go and check the other things u all told me to look at now the only other thing i can tell u is say u are going up a small hill when u put your foot into in it falls on its face if u back out of it it gets a little snap to it but still no power

Reaction score
Ok so changed fuel filters it seemed to help a little but still not fixed I'm gana check the ficm later if it stops raining then turbo will come out tomorrow for a cleaning

Reaction score
Well broke down and sent it to the dealer they say the HPOP is bad n the reasion for the problems just waiting on the warranty to say to fix it

Reaction score
i know they said it was working and basicly just keeping the truck going much longer and the truck would have stoped running i dont know should have it back tomorrow and see how she runs

Reaction score
got it back today truck is like new better then when i got it it felt like the programer was in it and then i put it back in and cant keep the thing strate it still roals coal like crazy but only when im in it hard think i still have a bad injector but no stumble power is grate im just happy to have the truck back after 2 weeks of me messing with it then 2 weeks at the dealer time to save for injectors

Reaction score
Ok so new update went out yesterday to clean the truck had the radio on for about an hour finished up and went inside. came back out about a half hour later to take a ride to the store and truck just cranks with no start so I call the dealership and talk to the guy I dealt with when it was down there he sent the tech up with the laptop to look at it fimc checked out at 48 volts on and cranking he said its something with the hpop I just got it back from them replacing the hpop and fuel regulator also the turbo and surrounding area was black from soot I so that’s pry why it was doggy at the bottom end so they come up with the flatbed and picked it up today will see what they say all I know is im not paying a dime

CCRICE

Reaction score
Ok so new update went out yesterday to clean the truck had the radio on for about an hour finished up and went inside. came back out about a half hour later to take a ride to the store and truck just cranks with no start so I call the dealership and talk to the guy I dealt with when it was down there he sent the tech up with the laptop to look at it fimc checked out at 48 volts on and cranking he said its something with the hpop I just got it back from them replacing the hpop and fuel regulator also the turbo and surrounding area was black from soot I so that’s pry why it was doggy at the bottom end so they come up with the flatbed and picked it up today will see what they say all I know is im not paying a dime

Sucks your having all these problems, I wouldn't pay either. They probably jazzed something up while they were in there replacing your injectors.

Reaction score
they didnt do injectors they did a hpop i think the guy that had it before me had some kind of tune in the truck and i put a edge in it till i could save for a sct (got the edge for free) for helping a budy. thats why i think it smokes so bad its got dubble stacked tunes not positive but only thing i can think of will see what they say monday when i call them to find out wtf is going on

Jarrod B

Reaction score
they didnt do injectors they did a hpop i think the guy that had it before me had some kind of tune in the truck and i put a edge in it till i could save for a sct (got the edge for free) for helping a budy. thats why i think it smokes so bad its got dubble stacked tunes not positive but only thing i can think of will see what they say monday when i call them to find out wtf is going on

I like your username.

CCRICE

Reaction score

Must be thinking of another thread, I dont understand how you can double stack tunes though... Edges tunes are garbage for the 6.0 from what i've seen but I've never heard of half of two different tunes in one truck..

Reaction score
Im not positive it has two tunes in it i just wonder if the persion that had the truck before me had some kind of program put in like a hypertech or one like that and never took it out when he sold it then i put the edge in it, i know the edge tuners suck in the 6.0s but for free im not argueing im going to get an sct with the monitor and costom tunes as soon as i can aford it

Latest posts

Members online