no start...325 psi hpo

suprdzlduty

Reaction score
need some help guys, I have 07 that I did a delete, cooler, and high pressure pump and ipr on, when cranking it will only build 320 to 325 of hpo. I have plenty of low pressure oil. I have pressure tested the system and found a few very small leaks...relace the standpipes and rail plugs, now I cannot hear anything. no leaks. that at about 120 psi of shop air. do i need to test the system at a higher pressure?? in the past that has been more than enough air to show the leak. On the scanner desired icp is 1500 or so. Is there something im missing??:confused:

POWER-STRUCK

Reaction score
you could get the tools and dead head the pump and check one bank at a time. is the pump new or used?

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
New stc fitting? Did u over torque something n warp it?

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

Stroker#66

Reaction score
How did you pressure test the system? I usually go threw the icp port with 90psi shop air and you will hear leaks untill you feed the ipr 12v. If you still hear air after that you have a leak

suprdzlduty

Reaction score
new pump from Ford...they have the new fitting installed already. who make the tools to isolate the banks? Are they through Rotunda/Ford or can you make them yourself? can a spool valve be blown out or stuck wide open and cause oil to pass or air and possibly not hear it while testing?

suprdzlduty

Reaction score
How did you pressure test the system? I usually go threw the icp port with 90psi shop air and you will hear leaks untill you feed the ipr 12v. If you still hear air after that you have a leak

yes, like that except I use about 120 psi. Thats what my regulator is set at.

suprdzlduty

Reaction score
tested the system again this morning, while the shop was really quiet and when i put 12v to the ipr i can hear a little squeak of air for about 5 seconds then it stops...and for the next 15 seconds there is not a sound. how many branch tubes have you guys seen fail?

POWER-STRUCK

Reaction score
if you had a leak large enough to lose that much oil you would be able to hear it! did you listen thru the oil cap? i usually do these tests with the covers off. if you do not find an obvious leak look elsewhere such as cranking rpm or poss. bad pump

suprdzlduty

Reaction score
if you had a leak large enough to lose that much oil you would be able to hear it! did you listen thru the oil cap? i usually do these tests with the covers off. if you do not find an obvious leak look elsewhere such as cranking rpm or poss. bad pump

Thats what I thought too! no, I had the valve covers off.

Lassie

Reaction score
The hpop will make 300 psi even if the IPR is commanded or stuck open. Just because the IPR is showing 80% DC, that doesnt prove its working. Check the IPR connection or the screen.

suprdzlduty

Reaction score
update, after testing this morning, truck fired up and ran like a watch...for about 20 seconds...now I have all kinds of hpo but restart. I may be chasing some electric gremlin now...:cursing:

suprdzlduty

Reaction score
just a little update on this truck...it was something in the pcm that caused the issue. I don't know what exactly yet but i put another one in the truck and it fired right up. hope all this will help someone in the future.

Latest posts

Members online