No start again

pilot4life

Reaction score
2002 F250. Last time my truck died on the side of the road my IDM was found to be a swimming pool. That was replaced and all was good. Truck set a check engine light coming home today and sounded rough pulling into the driveway. Pulled the codes and it pointed at ICP low. Tried cranking the truck and it jumps to 2000ish psi but the duty cycle gets all the way to 50-55 before it starts and doesn't run long before it dies. My injectors were replaced around the time they had that bad batch of orings. I probably have about 5000 miles on these since installed. I am almost sure I have a major internal oil leak but wanted y'alls opinion if there is anything else to check before I tear it apart.

pilot4life

Reaction score
New info as y'all would expect when the truck cools down it fires up and is happy. I haven't run it till it's warm but I have suspicion I have bad injector o-rings.

Ghost1776

Reaction score
I'd be checking the ipr maybe it's sticking. Check for oil in the ICP connector. If that's what code your truck set, I'd start there before tearing anything down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

pilot4life

Reaction score
If the IPR were sticking why when the engine cools down does it restart and run like nothing's wrong?

dsberman94

Reaction score
Either that or bad o rings. Finding a tester ipr would be the easiest way to determine what's wrong before you buy it.

79jasper

Reaction score
Coil on IPR is going out. It gets warm and quits. Cools off and works again. Mine is an 02 also.
Ding ding ding.

Get a can of air duster, hold it upside down and spray the ipr Solenoid when it's not starting. I bet it starts right up.
You can also check the resistance of the ipr when hot vs cold.
Of course I can't find the document with ohm values to look for.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

pilot4life

Reaction score
Thought I would finish this. Had the injectors flowed, they were good. New orings on the injectors. Replaced the IPR and HPOP with an adrenaline. New pig tail on the ICP. Truck is running again. Still working the air out. Between the new pump and hoses and pulling the injectors I have had enough air in the system that it shut off after coming off the highway twice. Typically happens after a hard run then off the throttle. Pulled the ICP and dumped more oil in the head and it had a good bubble. Seems to have smoothed out. Thanks for the guidance.

TARM

Reaction score
I like to pull a port on the head oil rail and use a narrow tip on a bottle, using it to fill the rail with oil. I have the front end way up hill and usually pull the front one on each side. Seems to help a lot with getting the air out. In fact I have not had any real issues since I started doing this a while back. Use to do the same thing with the coolant systems for a long time and likely where I got the idea.

Latest posts

Members online