No Start at Operating Temp. What Now?

Gotti2k7

Reaction score
Im fighting a no start when hot issue. Starts perfect when cold. And runs great. Just wont start back up when i shut it off hot. So i started with a new ford IPR. Let it get to operating temp. No start. Next was injector o rings. Installed them last night. Let it get to operating temp. No start. Has brand new oil, SRP1 may only have 6 to 7k miles on it. Truck hasnt been driven more than 500 miles in the last 2 years. Only use it to pull the boat to the ramp. And fire it up every other week or so to keep the fluids moving and batterys charged. Watched my AE on the no start. Im getting RPMs. so i rule out the cps. The the pressure only goes from 250 to 350 and jumps around. Never gets high enough to fire though. Duty cycles ramp up to like 80+ percent. HPOP res. has oil in it during no start. Has a new melling pump. Im kinda at whits end. Whats next?

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
how many miles have you driven the truck since you installed injector orings? im also thinking LPO. any way you can install a oil pressure gauge in the res and see what its raising to while cranking?

golfer

Reaction score
if you have 250-350 ICP..then you have LPOil Press...

so it's either injs or the pump.

Gotti2k7

Reaction score
It did this before the new orings. That's why i changed them. They all looked good when pulled. As they are as old as the melling. About 500 miles. I had the covers off before changing them all. Didn't see anything out of the ordinary as far as oil flow out of the injector. Is there really anyway to test the hpop? Or am i just fd on this srp1?

golfer

Reaction score
I didn't say o-rings...I said injectors. ;)

or the pump.

we have a box full of pumps that did the same thing...but all you can do is rule out other HPOil leaks.

JCart

Reaction score
Is there really anyway to test the hpop? Or am i just fd on this srp1?

Yes you can test with a length of high pressure hose and a high pressure gauge that you can purchase for a hydraulic shop. In fact you can also check the HP oil pressure in the heads too. Plug one outlet on the pump attach gauge and hose on other port crank and monitor pressure. Record pressure. Next hook hose and gauge to one head leave other pump port plugged. Also make sure you cap hose from plugged port on pump that you have unhooked. Record pressure. Then swap hose and gauge to other head to check that one. This may show you if one head is leaking more than the other and if your HPOP is pooched.

Thinking you will want to unhook the CPS so it doesn't fire up on you too, while doing this.

I did this a number of years ago and if Ive missed something guys let me know....

jrc

Gotti2k7

Reaction score
Well. Took my injectors up to Tim at P.I.S. They flow benched em. Still in great condition within specs of injectors that they would ship out. Put em back in the truck last week, and got it fired back. Left it in the shop. Went back today to drive it back to the house. Backed it out of the shop. Walked back to roll the door down. Looked back at the truck. Pouring oil. Ran and popped the hood jumped up and looked. Back of the SRP1 is pumping oil. Guess I found my issue. Pretty much less than 7000 miles on this pump and it Garbage! called Gary. And they want 250 dollars to reseal and more if parts are bad. Plus 3 to 4 weeks backorder on some parts. Guess this POS is gonna end up being a expensive core. Cause I'm not gonna stick that kinda money into resealing a junk ass pump that fails this soon.

Reaction score
Well. Took my injectors up to Tim at P.I.S. They flow benched em. Still in great condition within specs of injectors that they would ship out. Put em back in the truck last week, and got it fired back. Left it in the shop. Went back today to drive it back to the house. Backed it out of the shop. Walked back to roll the door down. Looked back at the truck. Pouring oil. Ran and popped the hood jumped up and looked. Back of the SRP1 is pumping oil. Guess I found my issue. Pretty much less than 7000 miles on this pump and it Garbage! called Gary. And they want 250 dollars to reseal and more if parts are bad. Plus 3 to 4 weeks backorder on some parts. Guess this POS is gonna end up being a expensive core. Cause I'm not gonna stick that kinda money into resealing a junk ass pump that fails this soon.

Dang that sucks.. Not exactly what I like to hear. What pump will you be going with next?

TyCorr

Reaction score
I thought the srp was lifetime warrantied? Im starting to have some issues and if this thing is to.blame Im gonna be pissed.

Gotti2k7

Reaction score
Hope you guys went with the Honey Badger pump! Sucks cause this was the pump i waited for a extra few months for.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I just got mine on a few weeks ago. I'm hoping for the best.

Mines been on the truck since June. It ran good until November and then just abruptly stopped working properly. Ive been wrongly diagnosing it as bad ipr. I replaced it and nothing cahqnged. I purchased a spare and it is in the truck.now. The previous ine was cleaned and its in my weatherguard box. Right.next to two.spare cps'

I verified today that its got 4800 miles on it. Good luck brother! If the five threads going now with similar issues, all running srp version 1.1s, your odds arent good. Sorry.

Ive got some isolation tests to run that will allow me to crank the truck and build icp.in each head individually, while simultaneously blocking the other side of the pump, or deadheading it, and verify it isnt my high mileage, well maintained injectors. If they arent splooging hpo then the pump is trashed. :/

Reaction score
Again not what I wanna hear! It's running so good right now to. What pump are you gonna go with next ?

Gotti2k7

Reaction score
I would hope that since now it's a complete failure on the pump. It would be covered under warranty. I've sent a email to him. No response in 2 days. Am going to call at some point today. If this doesn't work out. I think it's time for a honey badger.

Latest posts

Members online