No start, Ipr possibly bad?

Strokin Platinum

Reaction score
Ive been helping my neighbor out with his truck, we just put in 250,200s and an s467 with a BDP e-fuel setup and a 17* pump. The truck in question is a 96, when cranking the truck wont build icp and will get ipr duty cycle up to 84%. I ran an koeo test and the only code I got is an ipr circuit fault code. I'm thinking either the ipr wiring harness is bad or the ipr itself is faulty. Plug on the ipr is snug and the nut is not loose, wires do not look frayed at all. Any opinions?

SPEEDDEMON31176

Reaction score
Remove the wire loom that is covering the wires to the IPR and see if there is damage there. Those wires get fuel soaked over time and the insulation on the wires basically melts off allowing the wires to touch which will prevent it from starting.

Strokin Platinum

Reaction score
Alright I will go double check that here in a little bit, he is picking up a new IPR today just in case so we will hopefully get something figured out.

Strokin Platinum

Reaction score
Ok, we replaced the ipr and still no change, checked the wiring and it didnt look too bad. We checked current and continuity on the harness and it all checked out, fuse number 22 is fine. Unplugged the chip and no difference. I'm starting to get stumped here, since the factory fuel bowl is delete could one of those 3 loose wires have something to do with it? We are going to try swapping in a known good ipr harness as well...

Tom S

Reaction score
Did you test your IPR circuit back to the 104 pin connector?

SPEEDDEMON31176

Reaction score
Yes he means at the connector to the pcm behind the drivers inner fender. Check the wire for power that used to connect to the fuel bowl heater. Do the wait to start light and other lights come on on the dash when you turn the key to run?

apowell2587

Reaction score
Hey guys new to this cite but have a question my truck is rough to start and takes a while once warm it is a rough ride as well. I checked the icp sensor it is leaking oil and the pig tail also has oil in it will this cause major problems.

dirtflinger92

Reaction score
Hey guys new to this cite but have a question my truck is rough to start and takes a while once warm it is a rough ride as well. I checked the icp sensor it is leaking oil and the pig tail also has oil in it will this cause major problems.

Your icp sensor is bad

Latest posts

Members online