No start low icp

jake74

Reaction score
Question? Should I replace the pump or tap and plug the hole?

Also I was thinking I might have blew the ball out when air testing. Is that possible? As it would idle and take throttle before air test. But like some one said I pushed all the oil out of the rails and if check ball was out it would have a hard time priming rails again. But odd thing is after air test it idled good and revved up for a minute or so then the hpop pressure fell and it would barley idle then no start.

Another thing I forgot to mention is when truck is idling the oil pressure gauge would fall to the bottom but a tap of the throttle would make the gauge jump back up,but after a few seconds would fall again. If the ball was out it would have a huge lpop leak correct?

webb06

Reaction score
Question? Should I replace the pump or tap and plug the hole?

Also I was thinking I might have blew the ball out when air testing. Is that possible? As it would idle and take throttle before air test. But like some one said I pushed all the oil out of the rails and if check ball was out it would have a hard time priming rails again. But odd thing is after air test it idled good and revved up for a minute or so then the hpop pressure fell and it would barley idle then no start.

Another thing I forgot to mention is when truck is idling the oil pressure gauge would fall to the bottom but a tap of the throttle would make the gauge jump back up,but after a few seconds would fall again. If the ball was out it would have a huge lpop leak correct?

We've always replaced the pump when finding this. It's possible that you could tap and plug the hole though if you're short of funds.

You wouldn't have pushed the ball out during air test. It's on the low pressure side of the pump.

The gauge is for the low pressure side, which is why it would fall at idle, because with that ball being gone the pump is starving for supply oil pressure.

Replace the pump for see if you can tap it. Problem solved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jake74

Reaction score
I've thought on it and went ahead and taped and plugged the pump. If it doesn't fix it I'm only out a few hours of work. New orings for reassembly should be here middle of the week and I can start putting it back together. I will post the results.

webb06

Reaction score
I've thought on it and went ahead and taped and plugged the pump. If it doesn't fix it I'm only out a few hours of work. New orings for reassembly should be here middle of the week and I can start putting it back together. I will post the results.

Should work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jake74

Reaction score
Just wanted to update the thread. So I installed the old hpop that I plugged and it was was dead. So a friend had a engine that had a cracked head that had an almost new hpop that he gave me. I installed it and it fired right up. It has an egr ****** and must be tuned cause it will light the tires up when you get on it from a dead stop now and exhaust hazes black smoke. As I said in my first post I purchased it from a salvage auction pretty cheap as it needs a front bumper,right fender and a door. Since it runs so good I think I'm going to fix it and drive the wheels off of it. Thanks to everyone for the help.

Latest posts

Members online