no start, no oil psi??

co04cobra

Reaction score
Did you pull the lpop pump off when you had the pan or anything else off?

What injectors and how were they before? I really, really, really, would like to see a hpop psi, and DC while cranking.

You can do the lpop in the truck, just need to pull the balancer.

On edit. IMO it would be crazy to pull that engine again before you get some data while cranking.

Last edited:

97stoker350

Reaction score
It's my gf's uncle so hopefully he won't be hateful and charge alot. I originally took it to get a scangauge on it but like I said I want to rule as much as possible out first

97stoker350

Reaction score
Yea Seth that's what I wanted to do when I took it to him was just put the scanner on it but it kinda turned into priming the oil pump and see what happens. I'll call him tomorrow and see if he will let me stop by when he puts the scanner on it. Swamps 250s and I didn't take the oil pump out. I would have done this part myself also if I had a puller and a little more patience. I hhate leaving my truck in someone else's hands especially with as much time and money that I have in it.

boggerr

Reaction score
How long did you crank the engine for?

IMHO I would pull the engine before you go any further. Yeah it sucks to do again but eventually that pickup tube is going to crack.

co04cobra

Reaction score
Well if priming the lp system doesn't work that's what I'm gonna do

I'm not saying don't fix the pickup. However, I think you are going to cost yourself more time if you don't get the hpop psi and DC before you pull it back out.

The motor started and ran 100% before pulled out. So unless something major changed in transit, or when the pan was off, I have serious doubts its causing a complete no start.

Last edited:

97stoker350

Reaction score
Well primed the oil system and it would fill the res a little then fall then rise a little then fall so that leads me to believe it's sucking air somewhere. Guess the motor is coming out again. Might be investing in a riff raff oil pan gasket because I'm tired of diking with rtv

Latest posts

Members online