No start. Video, codes and details. HALP!

Jeff Watts

Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJIbi8D1TTQ&feature=youtu.be

Was starting and running fine. I installed gauges, and now this is all it will do. (Oil Pressure, Fuel Pressure, Boost, and Pyro. Glo-shift)

Plugged in my tuner (SCT 3000) and pulled a P-2285. Cleared the codes, a then pulled P-0231, P-0407, P-0488, P-0678, and P-1000. (The P-2285 didn't come back)

Batteries are brand new, FICM is fresh from Ed, Injectors are new, Glow plugs and harnesses are new, Everything is freaking new.

Never tried to start it without fully charged batteries. Fuel pressure is firm at 50 psi, both on the mechanical gauge mounted on the regulator, and on the electric gauge in the cab.
Still running the stock tune.

Any ideas?

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Is it an early or late build? Was your oil pressure gauge on tge dash going up? I couldnt see the way the sun was hitting it.

Jeff Watts

Reaction score
Motor is a 2005, fully rebuilt, with a new style STC fitting. I'll check the factory oil pressure gauge tomorrow morning. Didn't even think about that.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
It couldve had some stuff run through the gerotor pump and score up the pump and the cover causing the issue.

Jeff Watts

Reaction score
Doubtful. Professional rebuild, and kept meticulously clean during the install.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
How long ago was it built? Just cause it was professionally done doesnt mean a lifter didnt start to fail, or some flashing off a head or the block didnt come off and *** chit up.

Jeff Watts

Reaction score
It was built last summer. However, due to my work schedule, I'm just now wrapping everything up. I've had it running in the driveway, but no mileage on it yet.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Ok. Is it full of oil? What oil? What oil filter? And what all did the build consist of?

Jeff Watts

Reaction score
Yes, full of oil, Factory filter, Build is in my sig. New aftermarket heads. new everything except the block, crank and rods.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
The ipr will not always throw a code. Itwill if it fails electrically, but if mechanically, you will just get a p2291 typcally.

Jeff Watts

Reaction score
Okay. Torque pro readings while cranking.

HPOP 2615
IPR Duty Cycle jumps up to 83% and then settles down to 49.5%
FICM 47.5-48

The factory oil pressure gauge does register pressure.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Your icp seems very high. Do you have an aftermarket pump in it? What s icp voltage koeo? With icp that high you should have base oil pressure.

If icp is found to be reading goofy, pull the oil filter and press down on the black check valve in the bottom with a screwdriver and you should fill the housing up to the threads in about 5 seconds or so.

How long has this run since the build? If you crank the hell out of it will it eventually fire? Like it still has air in the system?

Jeff Watts

Reaction score
Your icp seems very high. Do you have an aftermarket pump in it? What s icp voltage koeo? With icp that high you should have base oil pressure.

If icp is found to be reading goofy, pull the oil filter and press down on the black check valve in the bottom with a screwdriver and you should fill the housing up to the threads in about 5 seconds or so.

How long has this run since the build? If you crank the hell out of it will it eventually fire? Like it still has air in the system?

2615 is the highest pressure I saw. It usually rides about 1500 when cranking.

The only running it's done was in the driveway, when I heated it up for about 30 minutes, before the first oil change.

Jeff Watts

Reaction score
Nope. Tried unplugging the ICP first thing. going to pull the FICM and make sure the plugs are snapped in properly.

Jeff Watts

Reaction score
Nope. It's sitting at a shop. We've tried everything we can think of. Waiting on a PCM to get shipped, if that doesn't fix it, we're lost.

It has compression, fuel pressure, HP oil pressure, good FICM, and is throwing no codes.

Still doing the same thing.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
You got rpm and sync the whole time its runnng? Try checking the crank tone wheel for.play. youd have to pull the ckp and see if you can move it with a screw driver unless you have an oscilloscope to hook up.

Latest posts

Members online