no start...

Sixstroke

Reaction score
Okay, I was ripping a fatty in the snow after the truck had been driven. I would say oil temp was around 150 so not completely warm. truck starts struggling like its outta fuel and dies. Now long crank and runs for about 2 seconds dies. I have a P0470. Exhaust pressure sensor circuit A. Sounded like the turbo was unplugged before it died? Im not a mechanic but I have had the truck for 5 years. Any ideas?

Oh and still 60 pounds on fuel pressure, never dropped. Batteries have been a little weak in the cold but I put the battery tender on every night and they have been strong. The truck sat for a few weeks so they got weak.

Jarrod B

Reaction score
You were taking a ****? Lol

Unplug the icp on the pass head and see if it starts. I haven't heard of a exhaust sensor cause a no start tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sixstroke

Reaction score
Okay I unplugged it. Didn't work but I found this. I didn't install in RCD did. Don't know what this line does but it melted.

Attachments

• IMG_20140206_173046_856.jpg
    IMG_20140206_173046_856.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 65

Sixstroke

Reaction score
here is another. Its fing cold and I have been working a lot. So call me dumb if you want. Btw I unplugged the vgt.

Attachments

• IMG_20140206_173120_139.jpg
    IMG_20140206_173120_139.jpg
    653.7 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

Sixstroke

Reaction score
well from what I found that does absolutely nothing... so the icp was a no go.

Jarrod B

Reaction score
Was the vgt unplugged to begin with?

Have any new codes?

If you have no starting error codes, and you have icp, and fuel pressure is there, is the ficm still plugged in? Or do you hear the injectors buzz?

Last edited:

Sixstroke

Reaction score
uhhh, I took it to a ford techs house. I didn't check to see if the ficm was still plugged in. Injectors were buzzing when I turned on ignition. Seemed like they were buzzing more than normal but probably cause its cold. So that would mean ficm was plugged in. Is there any way I could be getting a fuel clog after the meter? The guy I take it to said it could be an hpop line but I didn't see any oil.... lol wouldn't there be a lot or is it internal?

Jarrod B

Reaction score
On a 6.0, hpo is internal. 7.3s are external lines. I wonder if your stc fitting failed. Dummy plugs just causes long cranks. What year is this truck?

reis05

Reaction score
On a 6.0, hpo is internal. 7.3s are external lines. I wonder if your stc fitting failed. Dummy plugs just causes long cranks. What year is this truck?

Plugs can cause no start as well But if I was a betting man I'd say its a pump or fitting.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
have you put a scanner of AE software on the truck...whats your icp while cranking, ipr, FICM voltage. Having some solid data will help you diagnose the problem better.

A bad IPR valve, bad ICP sensor, oring on the dummy plugs or stand pipes, these are all common nostart issues....Pump possible could have gone out as well. Does the truck start back up when its cold?

I would try and get a little more information from the truck befor you through a 6-700$ pump on. just my .02

Sixstroke

Reaction score
I'm waiting to see what he comes up with. I was hoping I could keep from taking it there. But I guess without diagnostic tools your Sol.
Trucks an 06 with 43000 miles.

Sixstroke

Reaction score
Okay so hpop cover is cracked. Tearing into it tomorrow to figure out why.... so assuming I need a new pump what are my best, most reliable options. I don't get why this happened. Truck has 42000 miles. Ran rotella synthetic since around 20k. Seen a few sled pulls but always babied. What else should be done while torn down other than the madmax swap.

Sixstroke

Reaction score
Oh and Blackstone lab testing at every 5000 mile change. Been doing this ever since RCD pinched oring on 180 injector install 10% fuel. Ever since has been good.

Latest posts

Members online