No start.

Powerstroke85

Reaction score
So I installed a different tune on my truck because I was tired of the same old tune. Installed the tune like any other time with my livewire and then went to start truck and it wont turn over. I have power, just wont turn over. Any ideas what this could be or how to fix the problem?

pog

Reaction score
id start by reloading tune or returning to stock tune first.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
So I installed a different tune on my truck because I was tired of the same old tune. Installed the tune like any other time with my livewire and then went to start truck and it wont turn over. I have power, just wont turn over. Any ideas what this could be or how to fix the problem?

Is the red PATS light blinking?

Powerstroke85

Reaction score
The PATS light doesn't flash unless the keys are out of the ignition like normal. Im starting to think i probably need to get it reflashed. I guess i should return the truck back to stock before it goes ford?

pog

Reaction score
no. its just an hours worth of labor from what i remember

Powerstroke85

Reaction score
ok, so i don't need to take the livewire out of my truck before it gets reflashed? I was under the impression if i get it towed there with one of my tunes still in the truck, when it gets reflashed i would loose my tune?

Powerstroke85

Reaction score
Hooked a snap-on scanner up to the truck this afternoon and scaned the entire truck. The only code it could pull up was a water/fuel separator code. Pulled the connector on the EGT sensor on the up-pipe, pulled a couple fuses and then tried to jump the truck from the starter for the 5th time tonight and it fired up. Everything I pulled I pulled yesterday also. Cut it off 4 times and started right back up. Changed the tune and nothing. Wouldn't start. Changed the tune again and truck fired up again. The only thing I can think is when I bought the sct livewire from powerstroke magic they said the innovative diesel tunes would work on my truck and from what I understand the tunes are vin specific so maybe that's what is causing the problems? Been running the tunes for about a year now with no problems. The weird part is when I turned the truck back to stock completely the truck still wouldn't turn over. I have Gearhead tunes ordered so hopefully I will get them tomorrow and load them on my sct and hopefully the truck will act right. Any ideas what the problem could be?

dmistak617

Reaction score
On my mini maxx I was messing with the tuning and it wouldn't start, cleared the codes and it fired up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Powerstroke85

Reaction score
All of my egt sensors are plugged in. I got my new tunes from matt at gearhead last night so i am going to load them today and see what happens. Do i need to return my truck to stock before i load my custom tunes on my livewire or can i leave the tune that is in it now in it and load them?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.