No start

yannie

Reaction score
Parked my truck on Friday go to start it Sunday runs for about 30 seconds farting and sputtering then dies. Start it again put my foot on the gas, runs farting again revs up and down then dies and doesn't start again. On the way to the lake on Friday I noticed when I first started it it sputtered a bit then idled fine, but on the way to the lake I thought I noticed it hesitating, no change in rpm. No trouble codes, tested FICM 45 volts in the on position and when cranking, fuel pump working fine. I've had grey smoke coming from exhaust for a couple months now, I'm not losing any coolant or any abnormal amount of oil. The smell of the exhaust is very nasty, not sweet, and not exactly the smell of raw fuel just a bad smell. Also this past winter the heat started to go away. If it high idled while warming up the heat would work, but once on the highway when I got to crushing speed and steadied out it started blowing cold or when stopped at a light. When acceleration happens it blows warm then tapered off to cold again. I'm thinking it has a head gasket leak but from the exhaust side into the coolant. The coolant smells exhausty. I have a egr delete kit done but I think the egr valve might still be there. Hope this is enough info for some feed back lol thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gary

Reaction score
You say it has "no codes", What are you scanning it with? Because it should have codes in it. What do you have for ICP and fuel pressure? Does it have sync?

c3ncal559

Reaction score
Does your heater work now? I have a similar issue, truck runs good , past few days when I go to start it , it fires up then dies instantly, takes a few cranks and it fires up and runs great. I notice when I was doing the coolant flush the heater blew cold only, it threw an po231 code and I checked the fuse , inertia switch and the wiring around the fuel pump, once it is warmed up and I drive it around town it fire right up till it sits for a bit....

yannie

Reaction score
Not my heat issue is something completely different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

c3ncal559

Reaction score
I'm bummed fuzzled on mine starts n dies then after a few crank starts n runs great has a po231 , bad fuel pump, idk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.