Noise in 4R100 after Rebuild.

DcMoore

Reaction score
In just rebuilt my 4R100 with a Racer X and Transgo kit. Every thing is perfect on it except for a noise when I'm coasting or in park. I feel the noise sounds like its going around and around but a tranny shop said it could be my pressure regulator(but its not)

I took the valve bodies back apart and everything is good. Same thing with my pump. I'm ordering a new pump and send my TC back to have it checked. Anybody have any experience with this?

DcMoore

Reaction score
No. I roasted most of the clutches and replaceed the forward and direct drum. All tolerances with clutch packs were spot on.

Twisted Excursion

Reaction score
Check to make sure all converter nuts/bolts are tight. Did you have noise when you first drove truck after rebuild did you get down on it after build could be Flexplate. I would double check converter though.

DcMoore

Reaction score
I didn't have the noise or notice the noise until I came back from the test drive. The convertor bolts were not as tight as normal when I was taking it out but I don't feel like they were that loose. I will double check the bolts when I install it. So you thinking the flexplate could be rubbing on something?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.