Non Tow Style Mirror Options

skate918

Reaction score
I've looked around and can only seem to find info about swapping to the newer tow style mirrors. I'm looking to change out the small Nemo or Paddle style mirrors on my 99.4 SCSB with something that is mire appealing to the eye. Lol.

I know I've seen f150s running around with the 08-16 super duty style mirrors. Would it be possible to go the opposite route and swap f150 style mirrors onto a super duty?

They look similar as far as lining up on the door but that's about as far as I've gotten. I've found a set from an 09 locally with the lights in them for $100 but don't wanna get them if someone on here already knows they won't work.

Wiring isn't an issuer for me, just don't want something that doesn't line up on the door at all!

Thanks!

IMG_5366.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jagged155

Reaction score
I am curious to how much visibility is lost. I don't tow a lot and only have 1" on each side when backing into my garage with my factory 02 tow mirrors

skate918

Reaction score
The two mirrors are totally different when it comes to the base that mounts to the door. The f150 is a couple inches larger then the super duty so it looks like the f150 style swap is out someone gets pretty creative

jagged155

Reaction score
What about the non-tow mirrors found on SuperDuty trucks and excursions

Arisley

Reaction score
Those are the Nemo mirrors he mentioned in his first post. They look like Nemo flippers. Jap named them when they were on his truck way back in the day. Wither Jap named them or somebody teasing Jap named them. Too far back to remember for sure. It was three forums ago.

jagged155

Reaction score
So what's the consensus on these Nemo mirrors?

skate918

Reaction score
So what's the consensus on these Nemo mirrors?

Visibility isn't all that great, especially on crew cab and dually models. I am only looking to stick with something smaller and low profile to fit the truck where I feel the larger tow mirrors will give it the Big Ear look.

04MT

Reaction score
Ive got a set of paddle or sport or nemo or whatever else they are called mirrors that i took off my 04. Make me an offer. BTW...they have defrost and power

Last edited:

sootie

Reaction score
Ive got a set of paddle or sport or nemo or whatever else they are called mirrors that i took off my 04. Make me an offer. BTW...they have defrost and power

Is that not what he already has on his truck? I thought he wanted something more appealing

skate918

Reaction score
Is that not what he already has on his truck? I thought he wanted something more appealing

That's exactly what I currently have. I've been looking at the 15 and up f150s and the mirrors looks pretty similar to the super dutys as far as the morning and door molding goes. I'm hoping to get some measurements or a template made and see how it would fit.

skate918

Reaction score
Can anyone know if the 17' super duty tow mirrors are the same as the new body style f150's?

They look identical to each other. I saw a post where a guy had swapped 17' style mirrors onto an 06' model super duty with out any major issues besides wiring.

That would be the ideal swap if they did since they have a good looking and functioning smaller non tow style mirror lights, blind spot mirrors built in, and paintable caps.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.