non vgt 5" exhasut?

slc6oh

Reaction score
currently have 4" mbrp setup, behind my 62/68 fmw. have the Donaldson m-something 31" muffler and flow pro twister "muffler" as a resonator...

I dare say quieter than stock if I'm getting after it.

but, if its working at 2-2500 ish rpm, its kinda dronie, and I feel like with the big muffler and twister its prob corked up pretty good, cant be helping my egts and that bugs me.

on the flip side of that I wouldn't mind my 6.0 "chop" back at wot.

just would like more mellow at idle/low rpm. if at all possible.

I know back when I was on the stock turbo, I put a hogg muffler on the 4" and it droned inside more than the straight pipe.

thinkin a basic 5" exhaust with whatever tiny straight through muffler it comes with and xfer my twister into the front part that's still 4" if needed.

anyone have any personal experience?

quiet down low, loud up top is the goal without droning. if at all possible...

Nick7.3

Reaction score
I bought my truck with a magnaflow exhaust on it with there muffler. No drone what so ever and it's very quiet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick7.3

Reaction score
It's an older exhaust tho has a 1pc 4in down pipe

Mdub707

Reaction score
I haven't heard anything kill the drone of a non VGT on a 6.0 yet. My setup is so loud it's annoying now. I'd love to do a 5" with a muffler honestly.

cRaZy8

Reaction score
Ive got a 4" Magnaflow with the cat ****** pipe, I ******d the muffler and added an MBRP 4" straight pipe that I welded a Dynomax 4" race bullet muffler into, and added a Magnaflow 4" Y at the tip with 2x Magnaflow 5" slash cut tips.

It drones A LOT less than my MTW St2 which I ran multiple exhaust setups on-
-Magnaflow with muffler
-Magnaflow straight piped
-Magnaflow pre axle dump

As it is now it has very little drone. But still screams at WOT. Very happy with this setup.

slc6oh

Reaction score
bit the bullet and got a 5" diamond eye kit with thier "muffler" will throw it on tonight and go from there. add a resinator up stream before it goes to 5" and hope for the best. .

will report back .

slc6oh

Reaction score
I haven't heard anything kill the drone of a non VGT on a 6.0 yet. My setup is so loud it's annoying now. I'd love to do a 5" with a muffler honestly.

thats what ya get for stacks. hahaha. but yea, hopefully this new setup will be better in the areas where i want it to be better.

even if i dont eliminate what drone im having now, ill at least feel better not being so corked up.

slc6oh

Reaction score
Got all my stuff put on. 4" dp to 5" rest the way back... Something hitting something, getting a pretty loud vibration in cab, ill dikk with it tomorrow after work then report back... Initial review: sounds sexy, most likely getting my 4" flow pro twister up in the 4" part tho

crash86

Reaction score
non vgt 5" exhasut?

I'm running an s366 with a 4in down pipe to 5in with a muffler. The drone isn't too bad but it's definitely there. Its not so loud that I can't live with it

KCTurbos

Reaction score
I wonder if the size of the non-vgt changes the drone??? The drone was by far the worst with the s364.5 that I was running. From 1800-2200rpms it felt like someone was had an amp hooked up to some subs that were making a weird drone sound. It was not "loud" but it was hard to hear anything else. Hard to explain.

The s362 and 369 were not quite as bad.

If it matters... 4" down pipe to 4" exhaust through a small resonator.

HOLDERDOWN

Reaction score
I used the Twister muffler on a few trucks and helped a lot. We keep one in stock most of the time now

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.