Non-Vgt DD Street Truck Project

HOOV3R

Reaction score
Not really going to be doing anything til after it's out of paint. After paint, I'll start my search for a motor to build. Probably going to go .020 over with gapless rings, coated pistons, billet rods etc...

MorganY

Reaction score
I was quoted almost $10,000 to paint my ccsb. Def not cheap lol.

You're going big. Smart. Wish I did the motor BEFORE everything. Who's rods are you looking at?

Hopefully the block is being torque plated for boring

HOOV3R

Reaction score
I was quoted almost $10,000 to paint my ccsb. Def not cheap lol.

You're going big. Smart. Wish I did the motor BEFORE everything. Who's rods are you looking at?

Hopefully the block is being torque plated for boring

My quote isn't quite that high, but I don't need any bodywork and I'm keeping the same base color.

Probably going to go with RCD rods. Really, boring depends on the block I end up with.

Skinny

Reaction score
I was quoted 12 to fix the little dents and re paint... Guess yellow is hard to cover up.... Have you guys looked into wrapping your trucks it's pretty popular up here in BC and that's about 3G to do.

Sent from my iPone sitting on the crapper

HOOV3R

Reaction score
I was quoted 12 to fix the little dents and re paint... Guess yellow is hard to cover up.... Have you guys looked into wrapping your trucks it's pretty popular up here in BC and that's about 3G to do.

Paint is a lot cheaper around here. I was quoted a little over 4k to do everything. It helps to know your body guy.

SSpeeDEMONSS

Reaction score

I want to wrap mine. It will be the cheapest for a color change like I want. They're supposed to hold up really well too. Though that is way in the future if I even get to that point.

Garrett

probably getting paid at work to post this from my bionic

AKHILF

Reaction score
Up here paint jobs are about 6k for a crew cab thats not in horrible shape. If I was quoted 10k for a paint job that was simple i'd sell the truck and get something new. A wrap would be the way to go if you can live with your door jams and engine bay a different color.

MorganY

Reaction score
Up here paint jobs are about 6k for a crew cab thats not in horrible shape. If I was quoted 10k for a paint job that was simple i'd sell the truck and get something new. A wrap would be the way to go if you can live with your door jams and engine bay a different color.

Ill ship you my bed and cab, make it happen lol

HOOV3R

Reaction score
Debating if I should do a cab light delete or not too. Trying to keep it as clean looking as possible.

Anyone want to buy oem cab light harness, bases, hardware, recon lenses, and recon led t bulbs? LOL

MINK

Reaction score
Debating if I should do a cab light delete or not too. Trying to keep it as clean looking as possible.

Anyone want to buy oem cab light harness, bases, hardware, recon lenses, and recon led t bulbs? LOL

Keep them - paint match, smoke or clear for the lens though...