Not getting fuel in fuel bowl. No start.

6.ostroker

Reaction score
New to the forum and I am having some trouble. Like the title say I am not getting any fuel to the secondary fuel bowl. I recently installed an air dog 2 unit. I took it out for a drive after install and ran fine. The next day I load up for a hunting trip. Going down the interstate, it start losing power and finally just died. Have some thought it was my install of the air dog, I look under my truck and the high pressure fuel line had come disconnect. I go under, push til it clicks, start the truck and back on my way. about 5 or 10 miles later it does the same thing. I go back under and click it back together. Try to start the truck and it does nothing but crank. Now it will not get any fuel to the top fuel bowl I can hear the pump running and everything. What could this be? I don't know if it still suppose to be showing fuel in the top bowl after air dog install or not. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

6.ostroker

Reaction score
I would like to also add that I had been getting hard cold starts before this happened. When it would start it was pour black smoke until warmed up. Ficm or injectors issue on top of it all?

swinky

Reaction score
Pump might be air bound. really all you can do is make sure fuel is getting to the pump, check the discharge on the pump then go from there. Did you replace the factory pump or are you using it as a pusher?

6.ostroker

Reaction score
I replaced the factory pump. Fuel was getting to the pump . I am going to flush the lines to make sure there isn't any junk in it.

SlowSmoke

Reaction score
I replaced the factory pump. Fuel was getting to the pump . I am going to flush the lines to make sure there isn't any junk in it.

It keeps blowing the pressure line off the airdog? Even if your line is blocked I don't know why the line keeps coming off. (If I'm reading this right). And yes there should still be fuel in your upper filter bowl.

swinky

Reaction score
If there's a blockage somewhere it would be much more likely to blow that line off.

If the fuel isn't making it to the regulator it's going to make a lot of pressure on the discharge side. I'm not familiar with the ad2 though is it internally regulated?

6.ostroker

Reaction score
Yeah it just kept coming off while driving. I just don't understand it. Maybe I could replace the lines to the fuel bowl? I am going to try to clean it out and see if there is anything in the lines tomorrow.

SlowSmoke

Reaction score
If there's a blockage somewhere it would be much more likely to blow that line off.

If the fuel isn't making it to the regulator it's going to make a lot of pressure on the discharge side. I'm not familiar with the ad2 though is it internally regulated?

The air dog is regulated so even if you blocked the line it shouldn't pressure up at all.

Latest posts