OBS Core Support Washers Retainers

freddie

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I am almost finished replacing my core support on my OBS. The problem I ran into is of course the core support body bolts & bushings. From everything I have read, everyone says to order new upper and lower parts from LMC truck.. does anyone have the exact part numbers I need?

I have the energy suspension bushing kit I intend to install, but I need the steel washers. The part #'s i found from LMC seem to be the rubber bushing/steel washer combo, and I was under the impression I could order just the steel parts?

Reaction score
From what I have seen the only way to get the steel washers and most other hardware is to buy the whole bushing. I am not an expert but I had the same problem as you, and ended up reusing/making what I could.

freddie

Reaction score
No worries lol I just ordered everything I THINK I need from LMC about 2 hours ago, before seeing this post. Hopefully it is comparable in quality to the Bronco Graveyard parts.

Reaction score
I really couldn't tell you if thee is any difference from personnel experience, everybody always trashes LMC. The poly ones are supposed to be better and that is what I used. The hardware kit fro bronco graveyard is 280 so it is pretty pricey, and that is without the bushings.

freddie

Reaction score
I'll post pictures when I receive everything from LMC. The intent is to remove their bushings and only use the upper and lower sleeves, and use them with the Energy Suspension bushings.

If the LMC parts are junk then I'll return them for the Bronco Graveyard kit. I think I'd only need the $99 core support kit from BG..?

freddie

Reaction score
Food for thought, alot of people who install the poly bushings, usually wish they had bought the rubber ones from ford
I guess I shall see. 99% of the posts I've seen, guys swear by them that they love them.

Last edited:

freddie

Reaction score
We shall see lol If nothing else, if I get the old bushings out, install the poly ones and decide that I don't like them, it shouldn't be too difficult to switch them out. I will never-seize the hell out of all of the hardware when installing the poly bushings.

Reaction score
We shall see lol If nothing else, if I get the old bushings out, install the poly ones and decide that I don't like them, it shouldn't be too difficult to switch them out. I will never-seize the hell out of all of the hardware when installing the poly bushings.

Good man! cant stand it when people don't use never seize!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.