OBS no start

Reaction score
Posting for a buddy. It's my old truck, 94.5 with close to 300k on it. He called a few weeks back and said the injectors weren't firing. He's replaced CPS, ICP, IPR and is still having the same issue. I don't think he used Ford CPS or ICP which I recommended he change those out. Anything else to look into? I'm no 7.3 expert at all, as it ran great for me. Any help is appreciated.

79jasper

Reaction score
Is it chipped?
Maybe check the idm for water.
Check the fuel heater and pcm fuse.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Fuel pressure? Seen quite a few hi pressure fuel pumps die. Havent seen many of the low ones die.

79jasper

Reaction score
Fuel pressure? Seen quite a few hi pressure fuel pumps die. Havent seen many of the low ones die.
You haven't worked on many 7.3's have you? Lol
Just one pump on these. Mechanical in the valley on the obs. Electric on the frame on the SD.

Seems like should be a easy fix.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
You haven't worked on many 7.3's have you? Lol
Just one pump on these. Mechanical in the valley on the obs. Electric on the frame on the SD.

Seems like should be a easy fix.

You forgot about the lift pump n the side of the block...

Unless im getting idi and obs put on the same truck in my mind. I thought there was one athere too.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
One cam operated fuel pump in the valley. That's it for the 94-97 7.3's

Magnum PD

Reaction score
No smoke from tail pipe I guess. Need to see if he's getting High pressure oil to the injectors.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Ok my bad, i thought i remembered a lift pump like a carbuerated car. Explains why i aint seen many of those fail :D LOL

Reaction score
Fuel pump on the OBS PSD is a 2-stage pump right in the middle of the engine valley. Does the WTS light come on?
Is the CEL illuminated?
Oil Level good?
What's fuel pressure at the shrader valve (driver's side of the filter bowl) when cranking?
Check the condition of the wiring connections at the valvecovers for evidence of melting/burning.
Check the condition of the fuel bowl wiring harness, especially the IPR wiring. Fuel leaks do nasty things to the wiring insulation.
Cheers!

rusty1161

Reaction score
I know it's been mentioned, but my IPR harness was bad, causing a no start. A picture is worth a thousand or so words, here you can seen the exposed copper of my harness

image.jpg1_zps2bpxu52u.jpg

Rusty

Baker42

Reaction score
Sounds like the fuel heater in the filter bowl shorted out and popped the 30A fuse. Ask me how I know.

Latest posts

Members online