OBS Suspension Upgrade

Fly By Night

Reaction score
I have a buddy with a CCLB OBS lifted 3" on 35's who is looking to upgrade suspension to get a better ride. Has anyone played with this? Maybe coil springs or air ride? He would like to keep his current ride height. I have heard that more leaves that are thinner lead to a smoother ride, is there any truth to that?

brewer

Reaction score
Best options are RSK w/ SD Springs (or RSK + 99-04 SD Axle swap + SD Spring swap), Coil-Spring SD axle Swap, or make your own coil setup on the current D60. The first two options have been done by many, the last by a couple. Other benefits of swapping to either SD axle setup are bigger brakes and more aftermarket support IMO. SD rear axle swap is also good for the disc brakes, and is very easy.

jjsalz

Reaction score
Best options are RSK w/ SD Springs (or RSK + 99-04 SD Axle swap + SD Spring swap), Coil-Spring SD axle Swap, or make your own coil setup on the current D60. The first two options have been done by many, the last by a couple. Other benefits of swapping to either SD axle setup are bigger brakes and more aftermarket support IMO. SD rear axle swap is also good for the disc brakes, and is very easy.
Don't want to hyjack but I'm kind of in the same boat as the OP. What's involved with the SD conversion in the front? I have a rough country 4" lift in mine and am wondering what other parts I would need besides the axles. Would I just be best off buying a whole donor truck? I thought I read somewhere there was a company on here who specialized in these conversions. How much of a better ride is it over a stock OBS?

Fly By Night

Reaction score
Don't want to hyjack but I'm kind of in the same boat as the OP. What's involved with the SD conversion in the front? I have a rough country 4" lift in mine and am wondering what other parts I would need besides the axles. Would I just be best off buying a whole donor truck? I thought I read somewhere there was a company on here who specialized in these conversions. How much of a better ride is it over a stock OBS?

You aren't hijacking at all, I'd like to learn as much about this as I can, please ask away.

bluedge8

Reaction score
Obswiz is who you are talking about. To convert to front coils from a SD has fabrication involved. The Rsk with SD springs are pretty much bolt on and that is what I'll be putting on in the near future.

Fly By Night

Reaction score
Is there a way to add different perches and keep the obs axles? Switching axles and wheels and tires seems like more work then necessary.

Latest posts

Members online