Odd battery charging issue

Leaky7.3

Reaction score
Hello my name is AJ I'm from CA
And I have a odd charging issue ,last couple of mornings I've been getting slow cranks ,but after that it cranks over fast and normal

But overnight my batteries just drain ,I have no battery light on either

Alternator is about a year old if that ,one battery is coming up to a year and the other is about 2 years old

Any thoughts on the matter ? Thanks

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Hello my name is AJ I'm from CA
And I have a odd charging issue ,last couple of mornings I've been getting slow cranks ,but after that it cranks over fast and normal

But overnight my batteries just drain ,I have no battery light on either

Alternator is about a year old if that ,one battery is coming up to a year and the other is about 2 years old

Any thoughts on the matter ? Thanks

Do you have a scanner? I would start with checking voltage while the truck is running.

Arisley

Reaction score
I would have the batteries checked. I am betting one of them is bad. If you swap one, swap them both. One bad battery will strain the other battery. You swap the bad one, you have a new one and one that has been strained and is on it's way out. It will continue to get worse and strain the other one, then it dies. You get in this vicious circle of batteries only lasting a year. Replace them both and start with two fresh batteries.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I would have the batteries checked. I am betting one of them is bad. If you swap one, swap them both. One bad battery will strain the other battery. You swap the bad one, you have a new one and one that has been strained and is on it's way out. It will continue to get worse and strain the other one, then it dies. You get in this vicious circle of batteries only lasting a year. Replace them both and start with two fresh batteries.
spot on!!

live life full throttle

Leaky7.3

Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys. Right side battery is dead ,but I'm going to replace both ,getting plenty of store credit aswill

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.