Odd question for guys with 10's

LovinPSDs

Reaction score
Do any of the newest versions of a 6.4 have rear air vents? I know both of my 08s didn't. I got a buddy looking to buy and said he has to have them for his kiddo's.. Is he stuck going with a 6.7?

LovinPSDs

Reaction score
No kidding! For some reason the guy said the 11-13s have more. Is that true or am I off my rocker on the whole thing? I don't think mine does, never sit in the back lol!!

713Diesel

Reaction score
Not trying to poke too much fun but anyone else find it funny that not only do the kids need AC but they need their own dedicated rear vents? Anyone else grow up with a non air conditioned vehicle when temperatures reached over 100 in the summers? Not trying to be a jack ass or anything but that is a pretty silly reason for limiting the vehicles you can buy.........

78f100

Reaction score
Not trying to poke too much fun but anyone else find it funny that not only do the kids need AC but they need their own dedicated rear vents? Anyone else grow up with a non air conditioned vehicle when temperatures reached over 100 in the summers? Not trying to be a jack ass or anything but that is a pretty silly reason for limiting the vehicles you can buy.........

Not gonna lie I thought the same thing... but everyone has different opinion's thats why they make so many options.

LovinPSDs

Reaction score
Not gonna lie I thought the same thing... but everyone has different opinion's thats why they make so many options.[/QUOTE

I somewhat agree, but remember lastyear it was 100+ for 45ish days in a row, it's not a bad idea keep the youngins cool. It's not completely limiting the truck selections, just something he pointed out. I've been in the back before, it's not the best.

713Diesel

Reaction score
I hear ya........ As you probably already noticed by my posting name I am in Houston also so I know what you are talking about with last years heat. I guess my point is that I think we as a society have been gradually catering to our kids too much.

I will be the first to admit that I have become more sensitive to what is and what is not socially acceptable or safe. I saw some guys riding in the back of a truck bed and the first thing I thought was "damn those guys are crazy".Then I remembered that I used to ride in the bed of a truck bed from Houston to San Antonio to go on hunting trips with four of my family members and all we had was a regular cab truck. Times are changing that is for sure.

SickStroke6.0

Reaction score
I've never seen a need for rear vents, really. The AC in these trucks are kickin', and the cab is well insulated. Now if we want to talk about my '03, that thing needed about 40 vents.

Latest posts