Odd sound coming from tranny hump

rrod

Reaction score
So we are saying flex plate and/or convertor. On my dash daq, I monitor convertor slip, and it only shows a 10 at most while at WOT. Even if the sound is there, it still doesn't jump over 10.

It could be both....however I usually notice shifting/accelerating problems when convertor is letting go. If it makes the noise but you don't notice any issues drive wise then I say flex, if it makes noise and notice shifting/accelerating issues then TC. Price wise hope it's a flex plate :thumbsup:

JrStroker

Reaction score
It could be both....however I usually notice shifting/accelerating problems when convertor is letting go. If it makes the noise but you don't notice any issues drive wise then I say flex, if it makes noise and notice shifting/accelerating issues then TC. Price wise hope it's a flex plate :thumbsup:
The truck literally acts perfect while driving it. Just that dang noise.

JrStroker

Reaction score
pe3unedy.jpg

Alright guys, I took my tranny pan off. Personally I didn't think it looked to bad. Non of the pieces were sticking to a magnet, and I ever strained the fluid, it was clean.

What do you think?

Reaction score
Sit that ain't bad!! LOL

I got shavings all in my pan after around 10 boosted launches lol!

All in seriousness I believe your torque converter took a complete ****.. Make sure when you get that new converter that you clean and buy new things before trashing that new converter with that debrie

JrStroker

Reaction score
Sit that ain't bad!! LOL

I got shavings all in my pan after around 10 boosted launches lol!

All in seriousness I believe your torque converter took a complete ****.. Make sure when you get that new converter that you clean and buy new things before trashing that new converter with that debrie
I'm getting another convertor and I'm gonna go threw the tranny with a stock rebuild kit. New fluid and new filter. Should fix it and freshen it up too.

jngreen

Reaction score
I would still check out the flexplate. You can't tell if its cracked by looking at it, you will have to remove all the bolts.

You might check out the transfer case as well. Mine made some funny noises when I stretched the chains.

Last edited:

JrStroker

Reaction score
I would still check out the flexplate. You can't tell if its cracked by looking at it, you will have to remove all the bolts.

You might check out the transfer case as well. Mine made some funny noises when I stretched the chains.
I'll check the flex plate while the tranny is out.
Would the transfer case be making a sound while driving down the road in 2wd?

JrStroker

Reaction score
So the tranny is done. I drove it a couple days to check everything out. Everything checks out. But that noise was still there. My buddy Daniel mentioned it was a stud in the firewall hitting the up pipe. Turns out that's what it was. I cut it off and now no more noise!!! Awesome!

tbsimmons

Reaction score
So the tranny is done. I drove it a couple days to check everything out. Everything checks out. But that noise was still there. My buddy Daniel mentioned it was a stud in the firewall hitting the up pipe. Turns out that's what it was. I cut it off and now no more noise!!! Awesome!

That sucks but you found it.
I know what bolt you are talking about too.

Jbird

Reaction score
Had this happen one when I launched it. Scared the crap out of me consider i just built my trans. I got under the truck and started looking around and sure enough the delete pipe is so close tonthe crossmember it has been hitting under high rpms. Phewww made me feel a lot better. Going to re-do my exhuast anyways. Its a stock exhaust just with the delete pipe installed and i hate it. Going with a 2 piece DP and SS 4" soon.