Oddest thing I've seen yet! Get a cup otf coffee, this will take a while!

loudmouth

Reaction score
Gaskets and harnesses are new, it's done it with the 340k set and new ones. Two different PCM's. Fresh injectors from Rosewood. Mind you with the new injectors fuel filter and oil change it is still driveable, just a rough idle. Before the filters and injectors when the light would come on, (only under load and warm) it would barley run 20mph

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
What's fuel pressure like?

I've seen inconsistent fuel pressure cause ICP to hunt and look pretty crazy.

loudmouth

Reaction score
Hmm, the filter looked like CRAP to say the least. We've switched fuel stations, and I'm putting a new filter in Friday. I'm also going to hook up a gauge and see what pressure it's holding. Everything points to an hpo issue, but I'm starting to lean harder into the fuel side.

Arisley

Reaction score
I am betting that crappy looking filter is a symptom of your culprit. Could it be oil in the fuel, antifreeze. Anything to identify it and it will maybe point to the real culprit. Even if it is your fuel station. However, if it was your fuel station, wouldn't your other trucks be showing the same issues?

loudmouth

Reaction score
All the trucks go different directions each morning, this was the only truck that uses this station. There's no fuel in the degas bottle. I may go pull the filter for inspection tomorrow.

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
Are you running any pre-pump filtration or just the stock fuel bowl? What fuel pressure are you seeing?
If your fuel filter is consistently looking like chit you could either have low pressure due to a restriction, or a failing pump from contamination.

Old OutLaw

Reaction score
did you check the tin nut on the IPR / of course you did....

only other thing I can think of is the fuel pressure is dicking with you somehow....

restriction ?....clooggeage ? .....crimped line ?....lack of main pressure offa the damn pump ? ...something....

well, I'm stuck....

Last edited:

jake2far

Reaction score
Have you checked your fuel for bio problems, you stated your fuel filter looked like "crap"? First sign of bio problems is your filter. If you have a bio problem it could account for all of your symptoms. The fuel system once contaminated will continue to develope problems until you treat the system, saying your truck gets its fuel from a different station also leads in this direction. Finding a new station will do nothing for your problems if your fuel system has been bio contaminated, biocides will remove the bugs, filters will plug up.
I have seen bio contam in rigs, it can cause all kinds of symptoms.

Jim

SledDogg

Reaction score
On my Super duty I had same issues and it was the in fuel tank screens in the mixing chamber being fully plugged. Later had same issue not nearly as bad and a new fuel pump fixed it. Check your tank for debri at bottom.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.