OEM SD fuel pump vs. Walbro GSL392

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
walbro out flows the stocker, thats why everyone runs two sd pumps.. i have put 60k on a walbro and it got trashed cuz i didnt have a pre filter... if i was doing a fuel system again i would run two sd pumps... but the walbro will be fine for a while as long as its pre filtered..

littleredstroker

Reaction score
walbro out flows the stocker, thats why everyone runs two sd pumps.. i have put 60k on a walbro and it got trashed cuz i didnt have a pre filter... if i was doing a fuel system again i would run two sd pumps... but the walbro will be fine for a while as long as its pre filtered..

Ok.. I'm.gonna run.dual walbros... Thought I read that you need 120gph

And I just used the stock wiring for the pump( only have one till wednesday) that ok ?

sent while staring at a windowed block

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Ok.. I'm.gonna run.dual walbros... Thought I read that you need 120gph

And I just used the stock wiring for the pump( only have one till wednesday) that ok ?

where did you read that you need 120gph? thats a *** of a lot of fuel!!

id do dual bosch myself but yeah it will be fine in the stock location. when you run duals you will want to get two 30amp relays and use the stock wiring to fire them and run separate hot wires(8 or 10 gauge) off the battery to each pump so that you maintain closer to 14v each. you can hear the difference when you run 12v vs 14v.. the walbros are way happier at 14v..

live life full throttle

Last edited:

littleredstroker

Reaction score
It was a long time ago, a thread about performance and 250+cc injectors needing a lot more fuel.

Ok cool. Well nothing succeeds like overkill right ?

littleredstroker

Reaction score
250cc , per 1000 shots. So figure @ 3000 rpm, each injector is requiring 750cc X 8 is 6000cc in one minute, X 60 minutes is 360,000 cc of fuel, converts to 12173.04 ounces , \ 128oz in a gallon = 95 gph....

littleredstroker

Reaction score
Not saying you would use all of it, all the time, but if I want my fuel psi to stay at 62 no matter what it would need to be at least 100 gph no ?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
the norm is 60gph and no pressure drop with the regulator set at 65psi.. but some have played with pressures and some say anywhere from 60 to 70psi can change performance.

live life full throttle

Old OutLaw

Reaction score
I didn't read the whole thread, but I've been using a Carter SD replacement pump with 180cc Stage I's for well over a year with Zero probs.....

I also believe that part of the problems associated with the e-fuel conversions are that a good share of the guys are using a pre-pump filter that is too small a Micron Rating.....
I'm using a 30 Micron pre-filter......thatway, when it gets some crap in it, it won't "Plug Up" and make the pump suck so hard and burn up..... I use a 2 micron filter after the pump.

works well.....

littleredstroker

Reaction score
I didn't read the whole thread, but I've been using a Carter SD replacement pump with 180cc Stage I's for well over a year with Zero probs.....

I also believe that part of the problems associated with the e-fuel conversions are that a good share of the guys are using a pre-pump filter that is too small a Micron Rating.....
I'm using a 30 Micron pre-filter......thatway, when it gets some crap in it, it won't "Plug Up" and make the pump suck so hard and burn up..... I use a 2 micron filter after the pump.

works well.....

My buddy has a 00 and running a stock fuel pump ( 100k miles) his pressure drops to 20 psi at the top of every gear with 180/100s. And even worse now.with 238/200s.. I figured a guy would need double that easy

CSIPSD

Reaction score
My buddy has a 00 and running a stock fuel pump ( 100k miles) his pressure drops to 20 psi at the top of every gear with 180/100s. And even worse now.with 238/200s.. I figured a guy would need double that easy

Would bet money his mixing screens are all plugged up...

180s should work perfectly with a stock truck.

Marty

Reaction score
I have not had any issue with any Walbro pump I've sold/installed except for one that was fed several gallons of water, which also killed the injectors. I do however run a good pre-pump filter on all of my kits.

I also don't have the A-1000 failures that some others have had...

chris89

Reaction score

That's my truck and with the 180's it would drop to 30-40psi (from 65-70 all stock). With regulator return it wouldn't drop near as much but a little. With the 238's it will drop to 20psi. This is all in Matt's hot tunes. On any other tune with the 238's the drop is minimal.

Latest posts

Members online