Official DPC 2013 Updates

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
The truck will be ready. Cab will be down very soon. Now it's time to focus on getting Erik to go to sleep and be ready for tomorrow.

D7F-A18A3D724AC0-5650-00000299002CE8C4_zpsa54d1813.jpg

he has to be well rested to dyno ? LOL

sweet man blouse btw.

Wayne

Reaction score
Cab is bolted back down now. It should be running in a couple hours. Me, Nathannial, Levi, and Tadd have been cranking on it since we pulled it in the shop at about 4:30. JD and Erik helped some too. We had the valley HPFP leak on us twice in the same spot since it went together initially with a "new" reman Ford pump at the fitting going into the pump feeding the driver side rail. A couple nights ago we got a new shim and fitting, lapped them both, then put it together. We decided if it leaks again, we're throwing in a new pump, as we determined the sealing surface inside the pump is the problem. That's where it ended up "leaking" as we were driving back from having the new tires mounted this afternoon. I ended up tightening some of the lines too tight last round to reuse them this last time, so luckily the local Ford shop was able to deliver a new pump in time. New valley pump, and Tadd made all new HPF lines. We also replaced all the fittings for good measure. Knock on wood, but things are going good at the moment.

Last edited:

01PSD

Reaction score
Cab is bolted back down now. It should be running in a couple hours. Me, Nathannial, Levi, and Tadd have been cranking on it since we pulled it in the shop at about 4:30. JD and Erik helped some too. We had the valley HPFP leak on us twice in the same spot since it went together initially with a "new" reman Ford pump at the fitting going into the pump feeding the driver side rail. A couple nights ago we got a new shim and fitting, lapped them both, then put it together. We decided if it leaks again, we're throwing in a new pump, as we determined the sealing surface inside the pump is the problem. That's where it ended up "leaking" as we were driving back from having the new tires mounted this afternoon. I ended up tightening some of the lines too tight last round to reuse them this last time, so luckily the local Ford shop was able to deliver a new pump in time. New valley pump, and Tadd made all new HPF lines. We also replaced all the fittings for good measure. Knock on wood, but things are going good at the moment.

Fantastic work. Hope it pays off for you guys, drivers meeting comes early tomorrow!

Erikclaw

Reaction score
It was an interesting day. lol There are a few guys finding out just how elevation effects a big single. The 7.3 won't spool, trying nitrous tomorrow and same with the Cummings that is running a S480. He saw 6psi of boost and nothing more. LOL

Wed is trailer obstacle then trailer drag then drag races. The 150mile mgp drive is now worth as much as any other event point wise.

My truck was running strong as hell, only issue is the leak that a new pump took care of. Hopefully Damn thing is pretty much smokeless even up here.

Boys from Casper are replacing a head since they have a bent valve. Black dually apparently has a bad piston but says he is running it anyway.

I bought the crew on my truck pizza. Isn't that enough??? LOL

Wayne

Reaction score
On to rockstars, red bull, and snickers now. Getting close to attempting to start it. Ford is covering the pump under warranty, and Elite is eating the labor, lines, and fittings. There's no reason he should have to cover it as he didn't cause it. The crappy thing is I just re-charged the a/c about an hour before the leak started.:pointlaugh: As you guys can imagine, it doesn't take much of a flaw to allow a leak at 25000 psi. I swear if it leaks again, I'm going for the razor blades. :cursing:

bricewise

Reaction score
Anybody have any updates from Matt and SPE? It appears Erik and his team have the previous experience to kick ass no matter what.

imelmo

Reaction score
It was an interesting day. lol There are a few guys finding out just how elevation effects a big single. The 7.3 won't spool, trying nitrous tomorrow and same with the Cummings that is running a S480. He saw 6psi of boost and nothing more. LOL

It's insane what a difference it makes. I thought for sure my truck was broke, but it wasn't (at least not by that point LOL ).

Back rollin' and tested. Just a little clean-up, and we might get an hour or two of sleep :rockon:

This sure is sounding familiar. LOL I'm certain y'all will fair a LOT better than I did though.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
It's insane what a difference it makes. I thought for sure my truck was broke, but it wasn't (at least not by that point LOL ).

This sure is sounding familiar. LOL I'm certain y'all will fair a LOT better than I did though.

I catch a ton of **** at nhrda races for running a 62mm vgt...all I tell them is if they ever have a race in Denver they will know why

SPE

Reaction score
Anybody have any updates from Matt and SPE? It appears Erik and his team have the previous experience to kick ass no matter what.

Truck is running great. Turbos were size great & work good at this elevation. Matt is #9 to dyno. Wes Beech is #1. Heading to ATS now.

Powersmoker

Reaction score
Elevation sucks, we definitely weren't expecting the truck to run like this. A setup that spools almost effortlessly at Sea-level, won't even come close to building more than a few pounds on the brake in Denver. We got it to lite with a .052 jet. Shooting for some huge numbers today's on the dyno. I want to thank Tadd, Wayne, and Nathanial over at Elite Diesel for all their help and for letting us use their shop. It was a huge help!! Thanks guys.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk 7

6.0 p-stroke

Reaction score
Can we get a results thread? One that's locked and can be updated by Haddox or Dustin or whoever is present out there. Maybe stuck to the top of the events section? With an event this big there's gunna be alot of chatter in the new thread and results will get lost.

Just a suggestion. :shrug:

That's what this thread is intended to be.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.