Oil cooler finally clogged. Opinions Plz

Stormtrooper421

Reaction score
I noticed my fans were coming on whenever I would be climbing hills which they never did before. So when I got to Cali I had my coolant checked it looked good then looked at the EOT and ECT and there was a 18 degree difference . So obviously my cooler is clogged. I have had my egr turned off via my SCT tuner which has helped but it finally happened. So I will be getting a egr delete, updated OEM oil cooler, coolant filter kit, Arp studs, OEM gaskets, hpop rebuilt, and my turbo cleaned. Is there anything I missing or should have done that I'm for getting or just don't know about? Having the heads machined or replaced is still up in the air for right now. Once they get them off the truck they will be checked and based off the findings I'll make a decision then. If they are good do you guys still recommend having them machined for a better fit or if they're good just leave them? Thanks guys.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Right up your alley: http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45769

I also have some of A1's headstuds for the 6.0 as well. Would be glad to roll them into a package with the solution kit along with replacement head gaskets. One stop shop for your project :D

As far as the heads go, if you have them off the block for a stud job, I would recommend you have them decked and checked. These are the types of jobs you only want to have to do once.

Let me know if I can help

Latest posts

Members online