Oil cooler gasket

BigJDW

Reaction score
I'm trying to find out where i can can buy the oil cooler mount gaskets for cheap, already found the o rings on rock auto.

BigJDW

Reaction score
I looked them up on the ford parts web site and its going to be about 40 to get both of them i was just hoping there was a cheaper option. I can find the idi gaskets all day long but it looks like no one makes the ones i need after market.... whats a broke bastard supposed to do?

Tom S

Reaction score
Site sponsor Sunrise Ford give us a 25% discount with free shipping.

JCart

Reaction score
Use Ford ones I tried IH ones and it leaked a bit, tried to tighten it down and cracked the front aluminum engine cover that the cooler bolts to....

Gasket price might seem expensive, however if you consider the above and replacing the front engine cover...or worse have antifreeze leak into the oil taking out injectors, bearings..... gasket price is not even on the page or in the book comparatively speaking....

powerstrokenstang

Reaction score
I reuse em all the time on my puller w/o issue if you want i could drop an extra set to ya in the mail. Pretty sure i have a complete extra set.

BigJDW

Reaction score
dieselorings.com sells a kit I believe

Those kits are outrageous, I saw them from 80 to over a hundred on different sites.

Use Ford ones I tried IH ones and it leaked a bit, tried to tighten it down and cracked the front aluminum engine cover that the cooler bolts to....

Gasket price might seem expensive, however if you consider the above and replacing the front engine cover...or worse have antifreeze leak into the oil taking out injectors, bearings..... gasket price is not even on the page or in the book comparatively speaking....

Vary true im going to be very careful not to do that...

I reuse em all the time on my puller w/o issue if you want i could drop an extra set to ya in the mail. Pretty sure i have a complete extra set.

You dont have any issues when you reuse them? hopefully i can do that cause mines only leaking internally...

I need a job then this wouldnt be an issue :mad:

Latest posts