Oil cooler question

08TT

Reaction score
Been awhile since I've been on here. I have an 08 quad cab 6.4 and my oil temp has been getting above 220 alot lately and almost to 230. My coolant temp stays around 196. I have never gotten a code about my oil cooler temp and the wrench light has never came on. Is there any chance it could be just a thermostat? If it is bad I already am planning on changing it this weekend. Thanks..

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
You won't get a code unless its just ridiculously hot, but those temps indicate that your cooler is partially clogged or low flow. You can replace it and flush everything out thoroughly, or go with a remote mount one or even a remote mount air to air one. I believe bullet proof diesel makes parts/kit to do either.

08TT

Reaction score
I appreciate it fellas, already hasn't one ordered. Would love to get the coolant filter but can't afford it yet...

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
You really won't be able to afford another oil cooler than after the new plugs due to lack of filter.....

08TT

Reaction score
Are you talking about the Sinister Coolant Filter? Or another replacement? The Sinister one is the one that I cant afford yet.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Well then maybe hold off on doing the job. Your going to be surprised by the junk you find in your block that will reclog your new oil cooler. Read up on flushing procedures here, and definitely go in depth with them. Even then I find sometimes without a filter you can clog a new cooler

08TT

Reaction score
Well I just got some extra Money coming in so I'll go ahead and order it today. Thanks for all the help. I appreciate it.

08TT

Reaction score
Ending up ordering the sinister coolant filter kit, thanks again!

Latest posts

Members online