oil in coolant and coolant leak

DoubleL

Reaction score
Well passenger side were all pretty much 300. I do have a constant haze of blowby under truck where I dump from the ccv doghouse.
So I guess now I'll torque some head studs.
could someone give me detailed instructions on how and what to check with coolant pressurization test? I'll be borrowing a pressurizer tomorrow after work I believe.
Thanks guys, but not finding anything yet. :fustrate:

Arisley

Reaction score
is that hot or cold compression numbers?

itz always good to have fresh orings but many have pulled injectors and put them back in without issue.. just make sure you have them in a vat of thick oil prior to putting them in.

live life full throttle

Actually, I like thin greasy oil better.

I would inspect the orings with a magnifying glass. If anything is less than perfect, replace them.

Actually, I use moly-lube. That is some slippery $hit.

Well passenger side were all pretty much 300. I do have a constant haze of blowby under truck where I dump from the ccv doghouse.
So I guess now I'll torque some head studs.
could someone give me detailed instructions on how and what to check with coolant pressurization test? I'll be borrowing a pressurizer tomorrow after work I believe.
Thanks guys, but not finding anything yet. :fustrate:

300 is low, especially for a drag truck. I have 365K on my motor, when I checked compression at 300K, I had a low of 400 and a high of 410.

DoubleL

Reaction score
What elevation were you at getting 400+ compression?

My other 7.3 with 120000 miles has same compression as this one last year when I did it, so I wasnt too concerned with these 300's.

Does anyone have idea/info on what else I should check? I'd like to pressurize coolant tank tonight but don't really know what I need to watch or listen for with my problem. I've seen guys mention remove oil drain plug and see if antifreeze comes out while pressurized and barring motor over ???

Magnum PD

Reaction score
I'd do that. Make sure your copper washer is there and in good shape on the injector tip

DoubleL

Reaction score
Well injectors all looked good. I have truck pressurized right now at 14psi and will recheck it in morning but I after ten minutes I can see antifreeze coming out of the top of cylinder #2 cup. Woohoo, easiest one to access! I Left it pressurized to see if any others leak but so far just the one.

I'm under the impression this would cause fuel in coolant not oil in coolant, :wtf:

Of course I'll replace the cups, but this must not be my only problem :shrug:

DoubleL

Reaction score
I just want to understand why I only have degas bottle leak over 45psi of boost. I would think if it's a headgaskets it would happen all the time under hard acceleration.

Got cups ordered today so I'll put her back together with new cups and 140 ft lbs torqued head studs and let her eat again.

Latest posts

Members online