Oil Leak between head and Rocker Box

DHFF

Reaction score
I understand the dealer thing.

BUT.... I worked at a ford dealer for a while, if you call ford's customer service place and light them up about it and keep calling, you will get your way. They don't joke with that stuff. We had field service reps randomly show up asking what the **** was goin on. And lit into the manager. Ford doesn't joke around with that stuff

Yeah I get that. I'm so fed up with it I've pretty much deleted the last year from my memory. I don't even want to talk to Ford for fear of having a brain aneurysm. I don't think I would take it back to them if they told me they'd drop a crate motor in it......

Mdub707

Reaction score
Ford's customer service was about as useless as the dealerships were when I called, they basically told me to pound sand.

I hate bringing up my old war stories with Ford and their service department, but I'll keep it short. I made an appointment to bring my truck in for a trans slip and possibly headgaskets. I dropped the truck off two days early (I went way out of my way to get to this dealer). ~1 month of time went by before I could even get the service manager on the phone. I probably called 30 times. I finally managed by luck to get the general manager on the phone and told him no one would call me back etc etc... it was a nightmare. They had my truck for a total of 2 months, and this was with an appointment! I had called Ford customer service to tell them I couldn't even get anyone at the dealership to call me back. They said they would try calling. The guy literally put me on hold and called the dealership. He picked back up and said "no one answered." I know, that's why I called you guys, they're not communicating!!! He said all he could do was leave bad feedback and nothing else, since dealerships are privately owned and they had no control over it. Waste of time.

Jerid, according to the map I made for our sponsors....

http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31865

You're only like 30 min away from Midwest Diesel and Auto, if you don't feel like doing it yourself...

webb06

Reaction score
Ford's customer service was about as useless as the dealerships were when I called, they basically told me to pound sand.

I hate bringing up my old war stories with Ford and their service department, but I'll keep it short. I made an appointment to bring my truck in for a trans slip and possibly headgaskets. I dropped the truck off two days early (I went way out of my way to get to this dealer). ~1 month of time went by before I could even get the service manager on the phone. I probably called 30 times. I finally managed by luck to get the general manager on the phone and told him no one would call me back etc etc... it was a nightmare. They had my truck for a total of 2 months, and this was with an appointment! I had called Ford customer service to tell them I couldn't even get anyone at the dealership to call me back. They said they would try calling. The guy literally put me on hold and called the dealership. He picked back up and said "no one answered." I know, that's why I called you guys, they're not communicating!!! He said all he could do was leave bad feedback and nothing else, since dealerships are privately owned and they had no control over it. Waste of time.

Jerid, according to the map I made for our sponsors....

http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31865

You're only like 30 min away from Midwest Diesel and Auto, if you don't feel like doing it yourself...

Morgan will take good care of you! Go see him

96F350KID

Reaction score
Its a $50.00 gasket no one replaces because they don't want the bill higher. Everytime we do a head job or an engine. The truck gets new rocker cover gaskets and GP harness. Guess what.....no ones ever been back for a leak:D

Mdub707

Reaction score
The OP purchased the complete engine rebuild gasket set... I would assume those would be in there?

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
those should be in that kit, that's a tough one, I would say go ahead and pull the head, not worth having a worse problem down the road. These are a Must in every truck we stud. Just not worth having an issue like this for as cheap as some of the gaskets are.

DHFF

Reaction score
Assuming the gasket was included... maybe it was pinched?

Possibly, either way I think I'm going to call Morgan and see if he will help a fellow member out. I hate to leave an oil trail in all my Chevy and Cummins friends driveway.....

DHFF

Reaction score
Called Morgan, sounded like a super nice guy and a reasonable price. Now on to the more important question. Since he has to raise the cab to do one side, do I have both sides pulled and replaced just in case? History tells me this isn't the last issue I will have with LANDMARK FORDS in springfield illinois' sub par service department.

Seems to me I may want to just replace both if the cab is off.... Thoughts?

hawgdoctor

Reaction score
Yeah, if Morgan is already in there I'd go ahead and spent the extra and do them both so you know it was done right. No questions after it leaves.

Latest posts

Members online