Oil pan Heater install

MNStroker316

Reaction score
Went ahead and ordered an oil pan heater to help with cold starts up here in ND for this winter. Last winter the block heater seemed to do very little. Coolant temp in the block would be maybe 60, then once I would start it it would drop to 30s maybe. So I figured I wanted to try something else

This is Wolverine's model 38 (M38) it isn't actually on their website right now, I found out about it by called and talking to a sales rep (who was extremely helpful). I believe it's 480W. He claimed this pad could/would heat the oil to around 80-100 degrees depending on ambient temp.

Install was simple, comes with instructions and high temp rtv to seal the pad to the pan. (It has adhesive on the pad also). He claimed the best placement was going to be on the front of the pan so that's where I put it

Here it is, just stuck on
437299dcc19a63d50dcc3e8a8f085d82.jpg

Here, with the supplier rtv sealing it.
841a8e549ae6821ab1ec7ae779fbb29f.jpg

This heater was $89.

Link : http://www.wolverineheater.com/

Akscott

Reaction score
I'm running oil pan,tranny pan,block, and a battery maintainer. Also a cold front

MNStroker316

Reaction score
Been using my pan/block heater a bit since the evening temps are into the 20s. I have it set to come on 5 hours before I leave and I am seeing coolant/oil temps of about 120 degrees on start up. Sure is nice to have heat right away. I expect these numbers to hopefully be around 100 when the night temps are sub zero. If you live up north I would highly recommend one of these !

Latest posts

Members online