OIL Problem

nathan

Reaction score
I have a 01 with the 7.3 bone stock execpt a 6 position chip. I took it out today and on my way home my truck started to smoke. i stoped imiditly. I was doing 80mph or so rpms were around 2500 or so. Once i pulled over smoke started to pour out of my hood so i opened it and noticed that their was oil all over the driver side and in the valley of the engine. their was oil all over the road for a hundred feet or so. IDK what happen but can some one please help me out. Thanks in advance. If you have any questions or anything that may help please let me know. Thanks again.

Jason

Reaction score
Hpop hose??? I had one that leaked, and I replaced them with the newer style hoses. Buddy of mine blew his pump up...as in , it grenades itself somehow, but the truck shut off and wouldn't restart. I'd check all your high pressure oil hoses, if it's leaking in the valley.

nathan

Reaction score
it shut off by it self and will not start. I wiggled the hoses a little bit wich are braided stainless but they seamed to be intact. Ill check in the daylite tomorrow for sure tho. I had to come to a buddys house to use his internet. I live out in the sticks. thanks guys

dietoremain

Reaction score
Definitely HPOP hose, check your dipstick I bet you're about 6 qts+ low, it doesnt take long to dump enough to stop the truck from running, thankfully it saves your motor from seizing up from too little oil...

Fl Stroker

Reaction score
It wont start cause it's low in oil.
1. Refill with oil
2. Use degreaser and clean the engine bay up and rince with water.
3. Have your friend crank on it while your under the hood to see where the leak is coming from and be able to shut off
4. Like mentioned above it could be a hose or the pump. You should be able to figure it out quite easily.

Once you find it do a search as there are many good right ups on how to fix. Or we will further assist.

nathan

Reaction score
thanks for all the help guys. it was the a high pressure oil line. the one for the passinger side head. I apreciate all of it. How much will a new one run me? Is there any other place besides the dealer? Whats the best way to clean the valley out?
thanks

Jason

Reaction score
Good to hear. My father in law got me mine with his forddiscount, and I think it was like $30, or something. Relatively cheap. Of course, I'm also theguy who paid $5.90 for the fuel bowl o-ring kit because the cashier couldn't punch in $59.00 on the credit card machine lol. After I replaced mine, I used a heavy coat of spray on degreaser and cleaned it that way.

nathan

Reaction score
Thanks Jason. I apreciate it. I love it when cashiers screw up on their end and give us deals. lol. I got scrub brite gel or something like that. Is it ok to rinse it down after words? maybe even presure wash it? But it is frezzing here.

Jason

Reaction score
Yes, I sprayed it on, let it soak, did some scrubbing in dirtier areas, rinsed it off, and fired it up. Covered the filter, since it's an open element.

Jason

Reaction score
My father in law is a independent mechanic, I gigot for his cost, $30 was number out of my ass, maybe a little too low. It was much less than $100, I'd have to dig back and find the reciept. Is that $150 for one line, or both?

nathan

Reaction score
My father in law is a independent mechanic, I gigot for his cost, $30 was number out of my ass, maybe a little too low. It was much less than $100, I'd have to dig back and find the reciept. Is that $150 for one line, or both?

From what the parts guy said that was for just one line.

Latest posts

Members online