Oil Return Line?

cjfarm11

Reaction score
im having an issue with the oil return line on my turbo with a T-4i mount. i have installed two lines now and they both have leaked at the tig weld. Is there anybody that makes a leak free line? Not happy with the quality of the hose the kit came with.

SDstroker

Reaction score
Where are you draining it to? Factory drain hole or fuel pump hole? Pictures?
Call up Jake at Irate diesel and he should be able to fix you up right.

JHILL

Reaction score
what/who's T4i turbo are you running? any hydraulic shop should be able to make a leak free hose. I used a Teflon lined SS braided -10 IIRC, no leaks here.

cjfarm11

Reaction score
Im running carsons kit. and i have tried to use some epoxy sealant from cat and it worked for awhile but now started leaking again. if i knew where to find a better replacement i would go that route but in not putting another one like i have in.

4.0l sahara

Reaction score
2012-01-02_21-46-47_312.jpg

02BigD

Reaction score
Im running carsons kit. and i have tried to use some epoxy sealant from cat and it worked for awhile but now started leaking again. if i knew where to find a better replacement i would go that route but in not putting another one like i have in.

If your kit has the old return that simply slid into a hole in the base, there is a new base, and return available. My old return leaked, the new one does not, it has a threaded fitting for the drain.

cjfarm11

Reaction score
Thats what mine has. but its the line that is leaking where the tig weld the fittings to the tube. I noticed that irates returns the oil through the valley. looks to be a better set-up.

JHILL

Reaction score
Jake does use the fuel pump hole for the return ,with T4i sitting lower than the T4 they are a short stiff hose. IIRC he does not offers it in a hard line. Like I mentioned before a braided SS Teflon lined made by an hydraulic shop will work, leak free or Call Jake. when I pull the turbo, loosen fitting on return in valley., leave it attached to the turbo, when re installing leave the return fitting in valley loose until line is attached there.

Latest posts

Members online