Oil temp sensor

TonyG

Reaction score
No like actual temps you see in degrees, and then you get the big separations what's the eot ect then vs normal or your truck

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
I'd say HWY it runs ECT=188* EOT=206* OAT=76* (this morning). That is normal...OAT will change those a few but nothing major.

TonyG

Reaction score
I'd say HWY it runs ECT=188* EOT=206* OAT=76* (this morning). That is normal...OAT will change those a few but nothing major.

What are you using to read the temp? And that ect sounds almost low for full op temp, I'm not sure about it 100% but isn't the t stat 195 in a 6.0?

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
Currently the CTS. The Tstat starts to open at 190+ if I recall. Fully open at 210 or so....

I used a fluid thermometer to check ECT at the bottle and EOT at the oil fill (bypass kit installed). Sensors are reading within a reasonable range of the handheld fluid thermometer.

TonyG

Reaction score
Did you do a new stat when you did the studs? And maybe your fan is constantly engaged haha idk about the fan thing kinda a longggg shot

Joe A

Reaction score
If you wanted to rule out a faulty sensor, you can swap the eot and ect sensors and see if the reading stays the same. They are the same part #. If the temps stay the same, oil cooler needed. If the temperature readings are flipped eot under ect, then you will need another sensor. You can check the resistance in almost boiling water for a test if you want to verify it that way also. The readings should be close to each other.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
anything new on this? we did a motor swap with a reman, new oil cooler and fresh fluids, almost 1000 miles changed oil, efw hundered miles on the new oil change, and temps are up! could the oil cooler be bad? this soon>?

Latest posts

Members online