Oliver intake?

jban126_f350

Reaction score
Looking to upgrade intake manifold. I've been told Oliver intakes are good. Anyone running them? And good prices out there for them?

MrOneEyedBoh

Reaction score
Oliver intakes? Lol. His name is Oliver and username is odawg, and yeah they are nice. Honestly nicest I've seen. Great welds, good porting etc. Here are shots of mine, that's just a glimpse uploadfromtaptalk1433992069650.jpguploadfromtaptalk1433992110734.jpg

Gearhead2012

Reaction score
You get what you pay for with oliver's intakes, he's a great guy, honest, and one hell of a welder. The amount of welding, and cutting and grinding in these is immense to say the least, especially to do it right. There's a few imitators out there doing mediocre work, but not Oliver. He doesn't just zip them in half with a sawzall, dremel on it for a few minutes and weld it back up...Oliver machines them in a mill, and I'd venture to say has more experience welding these 6.0 intakes back together than anyone on the planet, it's no simple task tig welding cast aluminum back.

I don't want to sound too overzealous about these intakes, I'm not getting paid or anything...but I'll say this, theres only a small handful of people I've run across pumping out things they actually "make" that are worth a damn, are what they say they are, and aren't douchebags to deal with...when I actually find people I can trust like that, I'm happy to promote their work. This isn't meant to sound "sales-pitchy", just a review from another happy customer.

04cr450

Reaction score
I say save your money and just stay stock unless u port and polish the heads.. I have a fully ported one and didn't see bit of difference other than lower egts..

jban126_f350

Reaction score
You get what you pay for with oliver's intakes, he's a great guy, honest, and one hell of a welder. The amount of welding, and cutting and grinding in these is immense to say the least, especially to do it right. There's a few imitators out there doing mediocre work, but not Oliver. He doesn't just zip them in half with a sawzall, dremel on it for a few minutes and weld it back up...Oliver machines them in a mill, and I'd venture to say has more experience welding these 6.0 intakes back together than anyone on the planet, it's no simple task tig welding cast aluminum back.

I don't want to sound too overzealous about these intakes, I'm not getting paid or anything...but I'll say this, theres only a small handful of people I've run across pumping out things they actually "make" that are worth a damn, are what they say they are, and aren't douchebags to deal with...when I actually find people I can trust like that, I'm happy to promote their work. This isn't meant to sound "sales-pitchy", just a review from another happy customer.

Oh I know he puts out a great product. I definitely want to get one eventually but does anyone have a price estimate on one of these bad boys I've seen like 1200 but I'm running a 68mm turbo with 190/100 which one would suit me best? I have the egr delete don't plan on ever putting a egr back on either. I know his race one completely weld the egr valve hole shut but is that the main difference from the street version and race version? And what's the deal with the coolant bipass in guessing the required to install one of these?

04cr450

Reaction score
that coolant bypass cost me 17 bucks in materials(5/8 heater hose, brass tee, and a couple stainless steel hose clamps).. goes from the oil cooler to the return side of coolant. 10 min job to complete.. Oh I guess their is a benefit to getting a fully ported intake.. my deltas are within 2-3 degrees at all time due to more flow of coolant getting back to the return side(larger hose and less restriction being no coolant is going into intake anymore.

swinky

Reaction score
that coolant bypass cost me 17 bucks in materials(5/8 heater hose, brass tee, and a couple stainless steel hose clamps).. goes from the oil cooler to the return side of coolant. 10 min job to complete.. Oh I guess their is a benefit to getting a fully ported intake.. my deltas are within 2-3 degrees at all time due to more flow of coolant getting back to the return side(larger hose and less restriction being no coolant is going into intake anymore.
Can you do this if you still have the egr? Mines welded and I want to do the bypass

MrOneEyedBoh

Reaction score
I think you can do this regardless what egr delete you have, if your intake is welded or open etc.

99powerstroke62

Reaction score
Since your egr cooler is welded. It's basically the same as putting a freeze plug in the front cover.
except you'd have hot coolant coming up and just chilling

Gearhead2012

Reaction score
Use a 7/8 freeze plug in the front cover, under the intake manifold to block coolant from where it would normally enter the manifold. I can take pics of this. There's a little rubber donut gasket between the manifold and front cover. I just routed my coolant out of the oil cooler back to the degas bottle.

black'n'blue

Reaction score
Use a 7/8 freeze plug in the front cover, under the intake manifold to block coolant from where it would normally enter the manifold. I can take pics of this. There's a little rubber donut gasket between the manifold and front cover. I just routed my coolant out of the oil cooler back to the degas bottle.
Pictures would be great. This is something I would like to do

BlAcKeNeD

Reaction score
If you go with the "race" manifold you will want to block the coolant from the front cover... what gearhead said was how I did mine with a dab of head gasket sealant on the plug... Also if you don't have the egr port welded up on the bottom of the intake there will be a hole there as well... Its where the "j" shaped metal hose bolts to the intake... when you do the race version you HAVE to reroute the coolant... the coolant passage that the egr once sat in is no longer there and is now open... if you don't block it you will fill the manifold full of coolant...

BlAcKeNeD

Reaction score
Also big shout out to Oliver as well... Kept in contact with me the entire time he was working on my manifold and kept me updated with pics the whole time... I would highly recommend him and would not hesitate to do business again with him... would answer my calls and texts every time even once around 12 am when installing my manifold and had a few questions... actually seemed happy to answer my questions and even shared some knowledge on other parts of my build as well... I wanted my manifold powder coated silver vein with a hot blue candy coat to match the rest of my piping and intake elbow... What i received was exactly what I asked for... Great guy and great product all the way around...

04cr450

Reaction score
My intake is welded on the bottom like mentioned above, and I just used the factory thick donut oring and set that in place in the front cover and just sat the intake down like you would normally do on install- have never had a leak issue.

Latest posts

Members online