On board air setup with airbags

baddkarmaracing

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1466029187.695514.jpg

Does this look right? Never done airbags before and I want to make sure I have this setup properly when I do it. The reason for the regulators is the compressors shut off at 200psi which is double what the bags max pressure, and most air tools are rated around 90psi if I remember right. Also what should I use to plumb this? Hard plastic line or regular air hose? Quick connects or barbed fittings? What size should everything be? Also I will add a gauge off the tank somewhere but didn't feel the need to add that to the diagram.

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
Looks pretty good. One thing that you may consider is separating the two bags. Doing this will reduce the air pressure transfer as a loaded truck goes around a corner.

I hope I can explain this correctly - This could be done with a tee after the fill solenoid, one side then to a check valve, then another tee. One side of the second tee goes to the bag and the other side of the tee goes to a dump valve. This would be duplicated on the other side of the first tee.

As far as size and product goes, it sure seems that the typical size on a setup like this could be 1/2" from the compressor to the tank, tank to horn solenoid and horn solenoid to horn. Probably could use 3/8" or 1/2" to the air chucks and 1/4" is the typical size for the bags. The tubing used is (if I recall correctly) a brake tubing like used on larger trucks and compression fittings, really more of a push-lock style, seem to be the norm.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.