On my way to 500HP!

Power Hungry

Reaction score
Black Onyx gaskets?

Thought those were a no-no?

Or did I miss where that was already talked about?

That's what was on the truck when I bought it. I think the general consensus on the gaskets is that B.O. gaskets tend to be more particular about surface prep since they are thinner than OEM or other gaskets. If the block and heads are prepped well, the gaskets seem to hold just fine. In any event, they seem to be working quite well on my truck as I have no leaks, no burps, and the truck runs like a scalded dog. As long as I keep the SOI at a reasonable point and keep C.P.'s at a safe level, I don't see any reason to have an issue.

If, at some point, I have to tear it down and go again I may reconsider the gaskets. At this time, things are fine and I'm not really worried.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
That's what was on the truck when I bought it. I think the general consensus on the gaskets is that B.O. gaskets tend to be more particular about surface prep since they are thinner than OEM or other gaskets. If the block and heads are prepped well, the gaskets seem to hold just fine. In any event, they seem to be working quite well on my truck as I have no leaks, no burps, and the truck runs like a scalded dog. As long as I keep the SOI at a reasonable point and keep C.P.'s at a safe level, I don't see any reason to have an issue.

If, at some point, I have to tear it down and go again I may reconsider the gaskets. At this time, things are fine and I'm not really worried.

I can attest to the "runs like scalded dog" comment. That truck is fun!

03 tx pwr stroke

Reaction score
I anxiously await your results and I applaud the fact that you are willing to do all this testing on your own time and dime. Keep up the good work. It's things like this that will bring in customers and keep em. :rockon::clapping::toast:

Power Hungry

Reaction score
Lookie what showed up today!!!!

(click image to enlarge)
ffd_injectors_sm.jpg

I'm so excited I can't stand it! Gonna be a BUSY weekend.

Power Hungry

Reaction score
So much for making more power than you now lol

Bwahahahahaha!

Actually, you're still going to be ahead of me. I SERIOUSLY doubt I'll be anywhere near 540 HP, much less 566 HP. Even with water/meth, it would be a tough comparison, and we haven't run your water/meth yet! Besides, once I get your tuning refined with the new fuel pump, you'll be that much further ahead. The only advantage I have over you right now is weight and slicks. :poke:

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
have you put a different turbo on yet or still the stocker, looking forward to seeing someone show actual results instead of 95% of the people here that just have seat of there pants feel

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
yeah it can, its called nitrous. People are running 11's , 12'son nitrous... fuel only, no way LOL

ToMang07

Reaction score
What???? No way a stock 03' turbo could provide air for the amount of fuel required to get that kinda rwhp. I wouldn't think it would support anything more than 550, if that.

Well.... we will find out, won't we?
:evil

OneStockQuik6.0

Reaction score
What???? No way a stock 03' turbo could provide air for the amount of fuel required to get that kinda rwhp. I wouldn't think it would support anything more than 550, if that.

Really,and why is that? Buddy, I ran an 11.7 and dynod 755 back in late 2007 (5) years ago on my crewcab with 190's,03 turbo and spray..:poke:

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
Stone pusher had 225's and ton of nos and was in the high 11's I thought. If you can provide enough air you could delete the turbo all together

Power Hungry

Reaction score
We'll be running W/M on occasion, but at the moment I have no plans for nitrous. I'm more interested in what's capable with fuel only while still retaining drivability. Maybe down the road we'll look at it, but it's not on the list at the moment.

Since you seem to have been there, what's you opinion on the max HP feasible with a stock '04 turbo on fuel only?

OneStockQuik6.0

Reaction score
We'll be running W/M on occasion, but at the moment I have no plans for nitrous. I'm more interested in what's capable with fuel only while still retaining drivability. Maybe down the road we'll look at it, but it's not on the list at the moment.

Since you seem to have been there, what's you opinion on the max HP feasible with a stock '04 turbo on fuel only?

Well if your asking me how much can be done on a stock turbo fuel only.I don't know, I'm not by anymeans a tuner,Eric does all my tunning.I'm sure there are guys here that remember my truck. Iirc my truck did around 530 with a stock 03 and 190's.

OneStockQuik6.0

Reaction score
At the time, I wanted to make all the power I could the cheapest way.Then, I upgraded the turbo to a 62/80 from II and went from 755 to 829 on spray.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
I meant there is no way on fuel alone. I knew Bill wasn't planning any nitrous. I should have been more specific with my comment. I know huge numbers are attainable with enough spray.

Latest posts

Members online