Once again a 7.3 oil leak

Stroker 7.3

Reaction score
So I had my oil pan replaced about a year ago and now it's leaking because they didn't seal it good up by the crank to make it better the shop that did it closed any suggestions on sealing it with out taking the engine back out

David N

Reaction score
I suppose you could clean it really well and just gob RTV up there. But I highly doubt it would work.

Make sure the bolts are tight too.

79jasper

Reaction score
There's a gasket available now.
Most seem to be having good luck with it. Supposedly you can do it without pulling the engine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

79jasper

Reaction score
I believe riffraff has it.
I've heard not that hard. Main thing is spending the time to get everything clean.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

dsberman94

Reaction score
I'd imagine the gasket could be bought online. Issue I see is cleaning the rtv from the sealing surface so the gasket will actually seal on 2 clean surfaces. If the pan and block surfaces were clean you could just let the pan rest on the crossmember and slide the gasket in between the pan and block.

Arisley

Reaction score
First thing to do is verify that it is the pan leaking. There is a drain hole in the valley that comes out on the back of the motor. An oil leak into the valley of the motor will appear to be a leak coming from the back of the motor.

Latest posts

Members online